Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:01 PM

Re: Wot's Your Top Movies To Watch Over Christmas.

I would have thought "Love Actually" would have been top of everybody's list.

Though at my house the TV will probably only go on for the 7pm News and the Queen's Message broadcast (I will be the only one watching them)
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 03:00 PM

A Wonderful Life is a must-watch.

By coincidence, today is the anniversary of its release in 1946. Surprisingly, it bombed at the cinemas but has risen to be in the top ten of Xmas films. Rightly so IMO.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A Wonderful Life is a must-watch.

By coincidence, today is the anniversary of its release in 1946. Surprisingly, it bombed at the cinemas but has risen to be in the top ten of Xmas films. Rightly so IMO.
And now they have coloured it in, its even better.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I would have thought "Love Actually" would have been top of everybody's list.

Though at my house the TV will probably only go on for the 7pm News and the Queen's Message broadcast (I will be the only one watching them)
I love Love Actually, but have seen it so many tines I know the script off by heart.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I love Love Actually, but have seen it so many tines I know the script off by heart.
i haven't watched it quite that many times but I do drag it out regularly. A stellar cast and script.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:00 AM

Yes I have it on my laptop along with quite a few other movies so I get to watch it at regular times.
Mainly when it feels I need a pick me up and a good laugh.
Its such a pity that one scene in Love Actually stops it being a family movie.
I mean all that shagging for the cameras what was all that about, certainly no need for it, and it wouldn't have been missed if they cut it out.

I believe the movie would have been so much better without it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:09 AM

I've never seen It's a wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th street, so I can't see the point of breaking my duck now.
My favourite Scrooge was the George C Scott version, but Christmas afternoon will probably be a Bond film or maybe the latest Mission Impossible...
longfellow
Chatterbox

21-12-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I've never seen It's a wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th street, so I can't see the point of breaking my duck now.
My favourite Scrooge was the George C Scott version, but Christmas afternoon will probably be a Bond film or maybe the latest Mission Impossible...
Download them Barry off Pirate Bay.
Don't cost anything and you have nowt to lose and you gain a very nice afternoon or evening to watch them.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Download them Barry off Pirate Bay.
Don't cost anything and you have nowt to lose and you gain a very nice afternoon or evening to watch them.
If any one uses Pirate Bay make sure you have a VPN.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 07:01 AM

My favourites for light hearted viewing are Calamity Jane... Bird on a Wire and Galaxy Quest. All films that leave me smiling just right particulary for this Christmas.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top