Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 01:04 AM

Re: Birds seen in my garden

At least someone does
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 10:43 AM

Hi

I am not a great Birdwatcher in that I know the common ones, but no idea about the rare ones.

I have one in my garden at the moment I cannot identifu, it isquite big.

I am fortunate enoug to live in Shrewsbury, we have a walk called the Kingfisher Way.

I fish it early mornings, keep still and I can have a Kingfisher perch on my fishing rod.

They catch more fish than I do.

We also have Otters, great to see,

When I do there will be no more fish around for a while, but worth watching the Otters.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 05:43 AM

Talking of parrots look what the little bastards have done to my VHF aerial. It is not the lorikeets but the Galahs that do the damge because the are bigger and delight in swinging upside down.

Some decades ago my old VHF TV aerial had to be replaced because the Sulphur Crests snapped off the sections of it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	201227 011 Bird Damage Aerial.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	14389  
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 09:01 PM

We feed the birds and have both Lorikeets and Galahs amongst others.The smaller Lorikeets are top of the pecking order and the rest have to wait until they've finished.At the moment the apple tree outside my window is full of Rosellas.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 09:08 AM

At the moment we have a baby Butcher Bird practicing it's singing,it's not very good.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 09:37 AM

I have just braved the sub artic temperatures to put bird food out .
The birds are really hungry i think i am their first port of call .
They come they eat and than abandon the garden until later .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:49 AM

I've been out and fed the birds. I have to stand in the garden for a while to scare off the pigeons while the friendly blackbird and other smaller birds get something to eat.

The blackbird has built up a trust over the months. I see it standing on the grass waiting for food. When I go out, it comes towards me and is happy to feed only a few feet away. It's almost become a pet that I feel I should look after.

There's a bushy hedge at one side of the garden where blackbirds make a nest in the Spring. I think it is this friendly one and her mate.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I would give anything to see flee flying parrots in my garden, you are so, so lucky Brucey. I know the cockatoos are noisy buggers but I wouldn't care how loud they screamed. I'm so envious
There are plenty of parakeets in and around London. I've seen them in trees along the Thames.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2021, 11:15 AM

I have added two new birds to my list

Rook
Jackdaw
Sparrow
Dunnet
Starling
Wood pigeon
Collared dove
Magpie
Blackbird
Robin
Chaffinch
Blue tit
Long tailed tit
Wag tail
Wren
Thrush
Chaffinch
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2021, 05:23 PM

Such a shame these colourful little birds .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrels-sky.html

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top