Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:13 PM

The Serpent... BBC1

Did anyone watch this new series last night?
I wasn’t going to bother with it as l thought l wouldn’t like it. By chance, I switched it on halfway through and l loved it, even though it scared me a bit.

It has a great cast, including Jenna Coleman. It is based on a true story set in Bangkok, Thailand, where back-packers have gone missing and then found dead.

Even if the subject of it doesn’t appeal to you, it’s a must to see all those 1970’s fashions.

Part 2 is on Sunday or the whole 8 part series can be viewed on BBC iplayer.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:16 PM

Re: The Serpent... BBC1

Yes, we did watch it but I found it confusing with all that toing and froing with the time lines.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yes, we did watch it but I found it confusing with all that toing and froing with the time lines.
Ted, It was a bit confusing at first for me but then l got the gist of it when l watched the whole episode on Catch-up. l had missed the first half of it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:30 PM

I thought it was ok but I couldn't quite work out why they drugged the girl at the end.
I'll stick with it for now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:35 PM

Thanks Art I'm going to check that out on iplayer.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2021, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I thought it was ok but I couldn't quite work out why they drugged the girl at the end.
I'll stick with it for now.

Rhian, If you mean the one that was going to be a nun, she had lots of money in ?travellers cheques in her bag. She was taking the money to be donated to the Buddhist place she was going to.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-01-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks Art I'm going to check that out on iplayer.
Annie, Did you watch it yet?
I am up to episode 7 on iplayer, so far. I couldn’t wait for the other episodes being shown over the weeks.
I think it’s one of the best series l have seen for a while even though it is chilling, disturbing and sadly true....
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2021, 07:10 PM

Can’t wait until tonight’s episode. this has got to be the best prog on TV for ages. It is even more shocking knowing it’s based on a true story.

I am also loving all the 70s clothes, big sunglasses, hats, flares, cheesecloth shirts etc.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 11:16 AM

Well that was a brilliant series and now finished.

can’t believe there are so few comments on here about it. Maybe there’s another thread I missed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-02-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Well that was a brilliant series and now finished.

can’t believe there are so few comments on here about it. Maybe there’s another thread I missed.
Flowerpower, l thought it was brilliant too. I watched the whole series on iplayer some weeks ago.
There were some scenes l just couldn’t watch. I loved Dominique.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top