Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 01:30 PM

Re: Lockdown confusion.

If in doubt don't.

Heard of a couple being fined £200.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If in doubt don't.

Heard of a couple being fined £200.

Why were they fined,Cinderella?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If you want to find new routes to walk I use a wonderful programme called "ViewRanger" - free to download onto a laptop but you'll need to pay for an OS map. Then you can plan where you want to walk and how far, then Save the route. Then download the Viewranger app to your phone and sync content - choose which route you want and you'll be able to see where you are in relation to the route and make 100% you're going in the right direction and never get lost!
That sounds like a super app, Lindloo. I am ever looking for new places to run and hike.

When we had our most severe lockdown, the state closed all the beaches, sportsplex and parks - except for one. Despite the protests and warnings from those of us who are out every day, the government ignored the advice - and literally thousands congregated along the same trail system.

Being spread out and outdoors (away from the snacks in the pantry) are still the best places one can be, and telling people how much time they can be out there is ridiculous.

When government overreaches, everyone ignores everything - from this most ardent rule follower.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That sounds like a super app, Lindloo. I am ever looking for new places to run and hike.

When we had our most severe lockdown, the state closed all the beaches, sportsplex and parks - except for one. Despite the protests and warnings from those of us who are out every day, the government ignored the advice - and literally thousands congregated along the same trail system.

Being spread out and outdoors (away from the snacks in the pantry) are still the best places one can be, and telling people how much time they can be out there is ridiculous.

When government overreaches, everyone ignores everything - from this most ardent rule follower.
I couldn't do without it! Fortunately I only need one OS map for the whole island, but some people need as many as four. It's being used worldwide as far as I know and you can search for routes for cycling, hiking, running, quad biking, cross country skiing, walking.........and more too. I've just searched for all routes in Peoria, Arizona - and 25 routes available.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why were they fined,Cinderella?

Breaking the rules , just gossip so details may not be entirely correct, out walking their dog after period of self-isolation but fined for not isolating long enough. Not far from home, on their own, nobody about.

The problem may have been they had been on foreign holiday and should have stayed indoors for 14 days and they thought it was 10.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Breaking the rules , just gossip so details may not be entirely correct, out walking their dog after period of self-isolation but fined for not isolating long enough. Not far from home, on their own, nobody about.

The problem may have been they had been on foreign holiday and should have stayed indoors for 14 days and they thought it was 10.

Thanks for explaining,Cinderella.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 08:07 PM

I found this article - The government don't specify what is meant by 'short distance' so it's open to interpretation. Drivers must use common sense - that's open to interpretation too.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 08:17 PM

Exercising
You should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
Carol, to me the most important advice is that in bold above (Gov UK rules.)

Also to me, that would mean not exercising with someone else from a different area.

Safety must come first.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Another point, if you were unfortunate to pick up the virus you could more than likely take it home to your husband.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 08:23 PM

But the government don't specify what is 'your area' I would say my area is a 7-8 mile radius around my home..

I'm afraid I don't look at it the same way as you Mags.

My friend & I have agreed not to meet. We don't want to break any rules.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top