Join for free
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 09:40 PM

Re: Lockdown confusion.

In my area, the local recycling centre is open but we are not supposed to go there. Almost all the shops are open too even though they are not selling essential items. The only ones that are suffering around here are the hairdressers. Even the pubs and restaurants can do take aways.

I don't get it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In my area, the local recycling centre is open but we are not supposed to go there. Almost all the shops are open too even though they are not selling essential items. The only ones that are suffering around here are the hairdressers. Even the pubs and restaurants can do take aways.

I don't get it.

Ey? What's it open for then?

Our recycling centre is open, but they have blocked off the parking bays in front of each skip!

We now have to stop on the drive-round road bit and carry the rubbish over to the skips.

I asked one of the chaps why they'd blocked off the skip fronts from parking, and he said it was on orders from the main council, to keep people distancing!
But several people can still be tipping in the same skip at once though.

Brainy buggers them pen pushers at the councils aren't they!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Our recycling centre is open, but they have blocked off the parking bays in front of each skip!

We now have to stop on the drive-round road bit and carry the rubbish over to the skips.

I asked one of the chaps why they'd blocked off the skip fronts from parking, and he said it was on orders from the main council, to keep people distancing!

In many situations the brainy pen pushers are right but for their plan to work it requires the backing and support of those on the front line and this is where the majority of times the plans fail because those on the front line cannot be arsed to do the job properly. If too many people can be around a skip at one time then the fault is with the council workers at the skip for not enforcing the rules of the plan.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
In many situations the brainy pen pushers are right but for their plan to work it requires the backing and support of those on the front line and this is where the majority of times the plans fail because those on the front line cannot be arsed to do the job properly. If too many people can be around a skip at one time then the fault is with the council workers at the skip for not enforcing the rules of the plan.

Well yes, I can see what you mean Dodge.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

At mine, you can only walk your rubbish to the tip if you have walked it the whole way ie, you can't park outside and carry it in.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-01-2021, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
At mine, you can only walk your rubbish to the tip if you have walked it the whole way ie, you can't park outside and carry it in.

Blimey, that should be fun with a heavy load!

However would someone like me manage I wonder. .

Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top