Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Re: Lockdown confusion.

Copied this for you Carol

You should minimise time spent outside your home.

It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure (e.g. a picnic or a social meeting). This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

You can exercise in a public outdoor place:

by yourself
with the people you live with
with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
Public outdoor places include:

parks, beaches, countryside accessible to the public, forests
public gardens (whether or not you pay to enter them)
the grounds of a heritage site
playgrounds
Outdoor sports venues, including tennis courts, golf courses and swimming pools, must close.

When around other people, stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household - meaning the people you live with - or your support bubble. Where this is not possible, stay 1 metre apart with extra precautions (e.g. wearing a face covering).

You must wear a face covering in many indoor settings, such as shops or places of worship where these remain open, and on public transport, unless you are exempt. This is the law. Read guidance on face coverings.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Here you are Carol..

Travel
You must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (for example, for work or education purposes). If you need to travel you should stay local – meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live – and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall. The list of reasons you can leave your home and area include, but are not limited to:
Exercise - You can continue to exercise alone, with one other person or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.You should maintain social distancing. See exercising and meeting other people.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national...g-other-people
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:19 AM

‘Local’? How many miles does ‘local’ cover? I think they should be more specific to avoid any confusion.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:21 AM

Thanks - I've read all that - but I read a piece where it said we are allowed to drive to open spaces for exercise. I wish I could find it again but it's got lost in the realms of other covid 'advice'

Ah well - if in doubt I won't do it.

Maybe there's an advice line somewhere I can find out for sure..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:29 AM

It mentions here that travel to exercise is allowed. See why I'm confused.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:32 AM

Does your friend live in the same area as you Carol? If not, I don’t think that would be allowed.

That’s how I read the rules
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-01-2021, 11:37 AM

My friend lives 12 miles away & we meet at a half way point - 6 miles from her home & six miles from mine (approx)

I'm still confused..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-01-2021, 11:45 AM

I've found another reference to driving & open spaces.
This from The Independent. It clearly says You can drive a short distance to access open spaces'

I travel 6 miles to meet my friend. Would that be classed as a 'short distance'?

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:50 AM

See my post above, I think it is quite clear...
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...27#post2013727

meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live – and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.
Carol if you live 12 miles apart even meeting each other half way that has to be out of the above specified area.

Would I risk it , no .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 12:17 PM

I wouldn't meet with the friend Carol.

The virus hasn't agreed to any rules. It seems to me that it will jump from lung to lung despite them if it gets half the chance. Best to be careful over and above what the government says is actually permissible in my opinion.

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top