Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 10:47 AM

Re: The way your dog/ cat/ rabbit/ guinea pigs, etc.

Originally Posted by macywack ->
I had a flat coated retriever called "macy" (what else) wifey was away, was middle of summer, decided to have sirloin steak and chopped salad for evening meal, so prepped the steak with all the usual and left it on the side whilst i did the salad and got the grill nice and hot, set the table and went to grill the steak, but could find it, macy was lay in his bed with a big grin on his face

That made me,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
before the above mentioned flat coat called macy, we had a flat coat called "wish". Coming up to christmas wifey started on the christmas cake for all the family, and after cooking left it on the work surface overnight. The following morning we wern't greeted in the usual way by wish, she was still in her bed, but we then noticed half the christmas cake missing

....I made some chocolate eclairs,I put them on a tray on a chair to cool down, next thing I knew, there was my Jack, on his hind legs reaching into the tray eating my eclairs,

It wasn’t funny at the time mind, I had to bin what he hadn’t eaten,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-01-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
My Jack Russell Henry never listens to me but he’s a terror if someone is at the gate.
My Jack Russel is the same,if someone knocks on my door, he attacks the door, I have scratches all over the inside of my door.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-01-2021, 11:05 AM

My little Rosie, looking back, dominated Jack, she was definitely the boss, but then my Jack doesn’t have a bad bone in his body.

When he’s on a lead ,it’s a different story, he goes through the motions of wanting to attack every dog he sees.

I must ask my vet why he does this, when he is off the lead on a walk, different dog altogether.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My little Rosie, looking back, dominated Jack, she was definitely the boss, but then my Jack doesn’t have a bad bone in his body.

When he’s on a lead ,it’s a different story, he goes through the motions of wanting to attack every dog he sees.

I must ask my vet why he does this, when he is off the lead on a walk, different dog altogether.
I think it's because when your dog is on his lead, he has to protect you from everything, but off the lead he does not have to.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-01-2021, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think it's because when your dog is on his lead, he has to protect you from everything, but off the lead he does not have to.

Jack, protect me, you must be joking, he’s a coward....

He met his match once, the dog was much bigger than him, the dog retaliated ,Jack ran and nearly took my arm off,

I need to put his halti back on him,, plus I keep the retractable lead tightly in, at times.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 01:55 PM

All my Schnauzers have been quirky little dogs, Chloe is no exception though now she is 13 and elderly she has dropped some of them like....
Running upstairs with her ball,dropping it and watching it bounce down the stairs before retrieving it then doing the same thing over and over.

Flinging her toys out of the toy box into the air to reach the one she wants at the bottom,

Standing by my bed 'growling' when she wants her breakfast which is usually around 6am, if it is cold she will stay in her bed in the corner of the bedroom and growl.

Standing by her bed growling 'waiting' to get in if the blanket is ruttled up and she wants it straightened.

Standing by her water bowl waiting to have fresh water if she thinks it is 'stale'.

Attacking my feet if I am sitting down and she wants to go out. think I will stop there

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top