Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:22 AM

Islands of Australia

Got to watch Martin Clunes visiting islands surrounding Australia on ITV tonight, found it really interesting.

Missed a fair bit was walking in and out of the room.

So later I went on YouTube and watched it all again properly.

Fantastic islands.
Australia was somewhere I always wanted to visit but the years are going to fast now and health reasons means I only get to see it via tv screens.
Such is life.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 01:14 AM

Re: Islands of Australia

I watched that, it was good. Never realised there were so many islands around the coast of Australia. Did they say if the guy with the silver beard & long hair in a pony tail actually bought that island? Loved his Dingo. Think I missed some of it too.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 01:24 AM

He's done a series here too and they were great fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 02:15 AM

Was great show indeed. Martin Clunes is so watchable and his love for animals is endearing. Here's a WIKI list of Islands. 8222 in all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_Australia
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I watched that, it was good. Never realised there were so many islands around the coast of Australia. Did they say if the guy with the silver beard & long hair in a pony tail actually bought that island? Loved his Dingo. Think I missed some of it too.
Nothing was said on the ownership of the island Tiff.
I guess you got the talk on him being a ex millionaire until the market fell through and left him penniless.
So he may well be a squatter and after 20 year he may have rights to stay on there.

I know in England if you are in a Council squat for a certain period you can actually put in to buy. Not sure what the Aussies law is about their islands.

Yes Polly was a lovely Dingo wasn't she and able to do her own fishing by all accounts.

Not quite sure about those spiders though.
longfellow
Chatterbox

13-01-2021, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
He's done a series here too and they were great fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY
Now that had me in stitches CM very funny but not long enough I am afraid. You say a series so I will have to look more closely. Yeh just found them on YouTube...Last Chance To See - BBC

Do you remember some years ago he did a series on the different types of dogs around the UK and how they came about.
I thought that was very interesting.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Nothing was said on the ownership of the island Tiff.
I guess you got the talk on him being a ex millionaire until the market fell through and left him penniless.
So he may well be a squatter and after 20 year he may have rights to stay on there.

I know in England if you are in a Council squat for a certain period you can actually put in to buy. Not sure what the Aussies law is about their islands.

Yes Polly was a lovely Dingo wasn't she and able to do her own fishing by all accounts.

Not quite sure about those spiders though.
Could live there but not with those spiders & there are probably snakes as well.
I didn't miss any then, if they never said about him buying it or not.
longfellow
Chatterbox

13-01-2021, 01:16 PM

Tiff you should checkout Ciderman's connection so funny and the smile on that parrots face, it looked so happy..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

13-01-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Tiff you should checkout Ciderman's connection so funny and the smile on that parrots face, it looked so happy..
I have seen that before. It's very funny. It was on a TV nature prog.
longfellow
Chatterbox

13-01-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have seen that before. It's very funny. It was on a TV nature prog.
Yes I saw the full programme this morning with the connection mind its not Clunes its Stephen Fry.
But they are excellent programmes I must say.

That type of parrot apparently lives over a century although it screws like a youngster as he found out.

I hope I have that kind of energy when I reach a 100..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top