Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:17 PM

Herons in our jardin.

Made from recycled metal, possibly old oil drums. I bought these as a Winterval present for my Lovely Cousin after our plastic birds disintegrated due to vandalism (by foxes) and crumbling due to prolonged UV exposure.

We have yet to decide their final position as they tend to blend into the pond fence where they are currently located, when viewed from our house.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:21 PM

Re: Herons in our jardin.

How lovely, Fruitcake, you are very talented.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:15 PM

Those are very nice, Fruitcake.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How lovely, Fruitcake, you are very talented.
Oh I didn't make them. I bought them via the interwebular.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:46 PM

Fruitcake, They are lovely.
I have only once ever seen a live heron.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

12-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Fruitcake, They are lovely.
I have only once ever seen a live heron.
Live Herons are beautiful everywhere else, but not in our garden, hence the fence and twine across the pond.

I was originally going to replace them with plastic ones but then I found these, made in Zimbabwe by a company called Zimbolic.
Plastic Herons do not fool live ones and are useless as a deterrent, so don't buy them for that reason. They are purely ornamental.

These metal ones are very well made, and they fit in with our eclectic mix of the unusual.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 04:24 PM

That’s so awesome!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top