Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:16 PM

The Pembrokeshire Murders

Did anyone watch the three programmes this week on ITV? Best thing I've seen on TV for a long time.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:31 PM

Re: The Pembrokeshire Murders

Very well made series.Good to see Welsh actors in the ro!es.Didn't have to put on false accents.Can remember the coastal path murders when they happened.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:54 AM

Yes, looking forward to tomorrow nights real investigation programme.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 07:35 AM

I watched it too....riveting.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 08:38 AM

Agreed. Excellent series - thoroughly enjoyed watching and the best thing I've seen on TV for quite a while. I also remember the coastal path murders.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 09:20 AM

Watched 1st episode on catch up . Very good . I dont remember these terrible happenings either. I do ask myself how I wouldn't know about them though because they are terrible . But some things are just too awful to listen to on the news arnt they .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 10:01 AM

I had never heard of these murders either but the programme was very good and well acted by all.

I did laugh at the portrait picture of ‘John Cooper’ on the wall, as it was Keith Allen in an Afro wig!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 10:23 AM

Yes, I stayed up till gone 10.30 last night, to watch the final episode, having taken dog out and got ready for bed. Couldn’t leave it till another day.

Very enjoyable. I don’t normally get round to watching a drama series, especially one going over consecutive nights, but managed to stay with this one. I often find a good programme years after it originally went out.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 10:47 AM

Hi

I holidayed there for many years with family and then on my own.

I recognised many of the places and funnily enough whist Nolton Hill Estate does not exist I spent my summers at Nolton Haven,
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:21 PM

Although I don't remember either the murders or the court case, the drama was an eminently plausible reconstruction.

Initially drawn in by Luke Evans as Steve Wilkins (neat as a pin), I was somewhat nonplussed by the appearance of Alexandria Riley as DI Ella Richards and later Suzanne Packer as Chief Constable Tyler - would two black women have held such senior positions in the Dyfed-Powys Police? Then Kyle Lima - another black actor - appeared as DC Nigel Rowe - and I became convinced that the producers had played the "diversity" card!

Apparently, the character of DI Ella Richards was an amalgamation of various police officers on Wilkins’ team. I shall be watching the documentary tonight to see exactly who was on the team.

Anyway, Alexandria's performance was as good as everyone else's, and they were really good, especially, of course, Keith Allen. The depiction of the methodical, evidential investigation, too, was excellent, although, like the court case, inevitably foreshortened.

Many thanks for the recommendations .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top