Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 03:28 PM

Breaking news! (London Bridge attack)

London Bridge cordoned off. Armed Police in attendance as suspect shot dead.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...panic-20989832
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 03:31 PM

Re: Breaking news! (London Bridge attack)

London Ambulance in attendance, area cordoned off. Suspect who was shot and killed had a knife.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 08:09 PM

Would you personally as a member of the public approach and take on a person armed with a knife ? It has since been described that members of the public held this person down after a man holding a knife ran away .
Truthful answers please.

Some might call it bravery but I call it foolsishness.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Would you personally as a member of the public approach and take on a person armed with a knife ?
Truthful answers please.
I would not
I don't think I would, I'd probably run the other way, I would panic in such a situation I think, but then, I've never been in such a situation so who knows?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 08:39 PM

I don' t have the skills to disarm anyone wielding a knife LQ .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 08:41 PM

I hope that I would try to stop him killing or maiming somebody.

Who knows?

But many will chose to cross the road and walk past on the other side.

I just hope i'm not like that!
Zuleika
North West UK

29-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I hope that I would try to stop him killing or maiming somebody.

Who knows?

But many will chose to cross the road and walk past on the other side.

I just hope i'm not like that!
So you think people who believe in self preservation rather than attempting to take risks which could mean they end up dead and leave families behind are not your kind of person ?

See here ...
Bus driver Mustafa Salih, 62, was travelling from Borough High Street towards London Bridge where he saw emergency vehicles and the police cordon.
He told BBC London: "A police officer came up to me and said 'turn off your engine, get off and run'.

Without a doubt that is sensible advice .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 09:16 PM

I don' t have the skills to disarm anyone wielding a knife LQ .
neither do I. I just think really no one can say how they would react in such a situation unless they've been in a similar situation before. I really do think I would run the other way out of sheer panic and fear for my life as I don't deal well in stressful situations at the best of times but I really don't know what my flight or fight response would be.
Obviously I would like to think I would help. I'm just being honest which is what you asked.
I hope my honest answer doesn't make me a bad person.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 09:20 PM

Would you personally as a member of the public approach and take on a person armed with a knife ? It has since been described that members of the public held this person down after a man holding a knife ran away .
Truthful answers please.

Some might call it bravery but I call it foolsishness.

Zuleika, I saw the footage on the news tonight, and possibly what some people are getting confused with is 'the man with the knife running away' bit.

The person the public pinned down had got the knife.
It was confiscated from him quickly and passed to another chap to get it out of reach.
The man holding the confiscated knife was a member of the public trying to help.
But when it looked the 'baddie' might detonate a suicide bomb, and it was obvious the police were about to open fire, the man with the knife quite rightly legged it to a safe distance away.
That is why a man was seen running away with a knife.
I think some might have misinterpreted what they saw.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 09:28 PM

I'm not sure if I would be first to attempt it but if he was down, I would gladly stamp on his face a few times.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top