Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 02:48 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Monday for me! Woohoo!

Mine's coming round wearing mask/visor/gloves/apron and bringing mask and apron for me. Her 'tools' will be sterilised after each client in her car.

Can't wait for trim and colour - my hair will have substance instead of cotton wool!

Money sorted too. Squirted and cleaned, and I reckon that squirting and cleaning the notes is the only good thing about these awful plastic notes!
Brings a whole new meaning to 'money laundering' too
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 05:09 PM

Brilliant, Pesta. I go to my hair salon for my hair do, it's the 14th, she said wear a mask & knock on the window to be let in. I hate wearing a mask, but anything to get rid of the grey.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 05:49 PM

Put the bunting out! At last! they are opening again tomorrow.

I have my appointment for the 7th July booked. Wash, Cut, High and Low Lights, Blowdry, My sanity returned.

Been reading up about it and it seems a lot of hairdressers are no longer taking cash! only contactless cards. Blimey, I have been talking to a few who have said they won't give a tip unless it's cash.

Also reading that the hairdresser must wear the see-through barrier mask but the client doesn't have to wear a mask if they don't wish to. Good, because my COPD would mean I could never endure over 2 hours of sitting there with a mask on.

No more cups of coffee or tea. Taking my own canned drink as hairdressers banned from giving us a hot or cold drink in a cup or mug but can give water if in a disposable plastic cup.

Each client must have a disposable robe every time. and anything like scissors etc must be sterilised after every use.
No more magazines to read, No more than 2 customers at a time, no more customers that can just walk in to make an appointment, Hairdressers have been told not to have face to face conversation with their clients.
Clients will be expected to turn up on time for their appointment or they will lose their slot, and they must not be accompanied by anyone else. If more than two waiting, they must queue outside.

Phew! a lot to remember, but I don't care! I am just so relieved to be rid of those iron gray roots!! and back to my ''unnatural'' blonde look. Yippee!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:00 PM

Hi

I kook like an ageing Hippy now

The Barbers are booked solid now, I will have to wait.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:04 PM

HWMO is having to wait almost two weeks too. I thank the Good Lord I had my Hairdressers mobile phone number. I texted her a month ago to beg for an early appointment - and got one!

I have to smile at my neighbours across the road. Both in their early 70's, He now has a small ponytail and she has her hair in bunches!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:35 PM

I think this will be me on the 9th July

Click image for larger version

Name:	hairdresser.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	13123

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:41 PM

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Made me laugh too Tiff.... so true too
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think this will be me on the 9th July

Attachment 13123
Poor cat looks like ET!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:57 PM

A week today, I will have tidy hair!

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top