Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 07:37 PM

Re: Where's all the Jobs then?

No I did not see it Steve,you have enough difficulties without me putting my big foot in my mouth. Again I am so sorry and thanks for understanding
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No I did not see it Steve,you have enough difficulties without me putting my big foot in my mouth. Again I am so sorry and thanks for understanding
Please don't beat yourself up about it RS!

If I were to add "I'm Deaf" to every post I'd be accused of tediousness in seeking sympathy or milking it to bloody death - so I don't!

Life is quite hard for me every day but most people do understand but don't really know just how much it affects your daily life.

If I had a £1 for every time I've heard "Nobody's THAT deaf!" I'd be quite well off and there are some far worse than me too!! stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 01:58 PM

Sorry to see you are having more problems Steve, no help I know but I think there are a lot of people out there also looking for jobs and even fittest amongst them when they tip 50 years old suddenly find it much harder to find employment.
We have virtually accepted when we move we will both have to find a business to make money for ourselves as neither of us will be able to get jobs.

I do wonder if just putting e-mail address on ads might work if you wanted to try that yourself. My husband can't be only one to absolutely hate phoning people he almost exclusively uses e-mail these days, or could you team up with someone and they deal with the phone ? Wives can sometimes be helpful as can adult or older children in these things ! They don't usually need paying either unless your business has taken off and making a profit
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sorry to see you are having more problems Steve, no help I know but I think there are a lot of people out there also looking for jobs and even fittest amongst them when they tip 50 years old suddenly find it much harder to find employment.
I think it's mainly my age, Plantman said that but I've heard that before.
I was told I was "a bit old" when I was made redundant from the BBC - I was 47!

Again, it's discrimination but it's so wide-spread nothing can or will ever be done about it IMHO.

I find it annoying though that employers seem to go purely by one's age when these days I'm probably fitter and more reliable than someone 20 years my junior; where I work now that's absolutely true!

Do they apply that same yardstick it JPs, Magistrates,Court Judges and town Councillors?

No, of cause they don't!!

You can be completely non compos mentis but if you are in the right social class it's no problem!

It's all a bit of a joke really isn't it though?

Yes, we can work on past Retirement Age but all the doors still slam in your face!

For me though in 713 days I'm 65 and I simply do not want to work beyond that time so I'm hoping I'll be able to do that. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Completely agree Steve and it's enough to make anyone angry.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top