Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 07:11 AM

Re: Spider solutions

I prefer using a trapdoor thing on a long handle, not sure what they're called but better than the suction catchers which need a battery. You just quickly pop the thing over the spider and slide the door shut, then carry it outside.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 09:55 AM

I prefer they don't want to enter here in the first place - that's all it is, they go elsewhere .........
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I prefer they don't want to enter here in the first place - that's all it is, they go elsewhere .........
Oh if only there was a LIKE button.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh if only there was a LIKE button.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 08:07 AM

I don't mind them that much, but if I want rid I just use a glass and a bit of paper or card.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I don't mind them that much, but if I want rid I just use a glass and a bit of paper or card.
By the time I found those items, he'd have scurried off !
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Rapid fly spray kills em everytime no messing. I usually walk around my garden twice a week in the summer keeping the spiders in check and why not the little buggers bite so I make sure I don't have many in my garden or my house for that matter. Gotta be careful though what with my Emphysema I may well come a croppa myself if I am down wind of the spray..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 11:07 AM

Patsy been pondering your problem long and hard, have designed a answer to your problem.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2014, 12:42 PM

Oooooo NO ! I couldn't - I have me solution, ta very much
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 03:21 AM

Why on earth would anybody want to kill a creature that can't harm you. How very cruel.

Spiders capture flies and other nasties in your homes. I couldn't possibly kill something unless I felt it was a threat to me personally.

A mangy dog, yes; a rat, yes; a veloceraptor, yes; but a little spider? We have no dangerous spiders in this country, so anyone that would kill "because you don't like them" is purely a phobia which you can't explain, but a psychological fear, nonetheless, and something you really should address.

I used to be petrified of daddy long legs but, because of a situation I found myself in from which I couldn't escape, I reached out and grabbed at it. I felt the poor thing struggling in my hand, then realised I was far too powerful for it, and it couldn't possibly hurt me, so I released him through the window. I've never been scared of them since.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top