Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Police

Do you have an attentive police force in your burg?

We most definitely do.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 02:40 PM

Re: Police

I have no idea, I never have any contact with the police.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 02:44 PM

Many of my extended family are in the police service (we don't have a force anymore in UK it's a service). Round here we seem to be seeing them rather too regularly with the family above us seemingly dealing drugs we have the pleasures of dawn raids now - everyone should witness one at least once I believe LOL
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
everyone should witness one at least once I believe LOL
I'll pass on that one Julie

Paula, mostly wherever we've been and we've had to call the Police they have turned out and done as much as they can so I give them credit for that. Often they tell me that they know who the criminals are but they have to catch them 'in the act' in order to bring a prosecution which is so annoying.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 03:46 PM

Not sure about 'attentive' I steer clear of them if at all possible
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Like elves, ghosts and honest politicians, I'm ready to believe police on foot exist, but I've never actually seen one so I'm on the fence here.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 04:36 PM

We don't have municipal police here since Trent Hills is rural but we have the OPP which is the highway police (Ontario Provincial Police). They will come of needed whereas back in Toronto they have the City of Toronto police.

The reason I asked is because my friend in South Africa told me the police there are a joke. They arrive 2 days later if there's fingerprints to be taken, cops are always 'on the take', etc. Sounds horrible.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 06:38 PM

When we lived in the West midlands (uk) my son and friend got badly beaten with his friend landing in hospital with a broken cheek bone needing a plate inserted. They were camping with permission in a field when yobs attacked.

We informed the police as soon as it happened as they came home and the police totally ignored or pleas for help for 24 hours. It wasn't until they found the friend went to hospital they bothered to take any notice.
So The West Midlands Police in our opinion might as well not exist for all they do. We would have been better off having a girl guide company policing the area.

Generally police are good at catching motorists but have a lot of trouble even catching a cold.

Just announced on the news at Gatwick Airport a female community police officer has been sent to prison for 6 years taking money off passangers going abroad saying they could only take £1000 and any other money she confiscated to spend on herself.

That shows how good our police force is, currupt

Link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29363583
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 07:10 PM

The only time you see the police round here is when they are trying to trap speeding motorists.
If you do phone them to attend an incident they arrive two days later.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 07:47 PM

I think it depends on what you expect from them,days of dialling 999 and getting a fast response is long. Gone ,,ive noticed on numerous occasions when a road traffic accident there will be several cars arriving at the scene of the accident ,,where they come from is a mystery ,Our village policeman spent most of the day waiting for a call ,he would sit in the Beauty Parlour where his wife worked ,the joke was he was waiting for a German Tank to drive by ..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top