Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 12:54 PM

School disipline

This is what we got 50 years ago to keep us in line, . . the Lochgelly Tawse, . . . time they reintroduced it IMO.

http://www.s1lochgelly.com/media/the...in-action.html
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 01:10 PM

Re: School disipline

You perve,I went to a minor public school where they did cane when I arrived.

I was always a bit too clever so got away with breaking rules and never getting caught.

The cane is only good for one thing-but that`s between me and what I get up to when my wife is away
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 01:42 PM

We used to get slaps on the bum and over the knee too! We were all really scared of our headmaster!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
The cane is only good for one thing-but that`s between me and what I get up to when my wife is away
. . you norty man you.
nero
Central Scotland

26-03-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
We used to get slaps on the bum and over the knee too! We were all really scared of our headmaster!!
We all had respect Azz, . . the thought of the Tawse probably was the cause of this respect but it did us no harm whatsoever, . . even lady teachers used it but the headmaster could really draw the Tawse, . . his name was Mr Steele and if you came before him you needed nerves of steel.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 02:02 PM

Well I never had the cane-and from those I knew who did get it ,it was a `mark(s) of honour`-same as an ASBO these days??
#
Getting an expulsion though was the threat-a bit like when I was young and was told if I scrumped apples I would go to borstal
nero
Central Scotland

26-03-2010, 02:08 PM

We all stood on the burning decks,
Our backs against the mast,
We never moved a bloody inch,
'Till Mr Steele went past.
nero
Central Scotland

26-03-2010, 02:15 PM

This comment on the link page sums it up very well IMO.

Getting the belt was a humiliating and very painful experience. Having to walk out to the front, hold out your hands and get belted by your teacher in front of your class was something you definitely wanted to avoid, especially if your teacher had a Lochgelly belt, which had a reputation as being the sorest and which most teachers used.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

26-03-2010, 02:17 PM

There were always bastards who abused little boys-little men who could not hack real life.

But they are remembered in alternative school songs.

If I had the wings of an Eagle

If I had the arse of a crow

I`d flew over Sharnbrook tomorrow

And crap on that bastard below
nero
Central Scotland

26-03-2010, 02:39 PM

If we behaved ourselves the Tawse stayed in the teachers drawer, . . it deterred bad behaviour.

Our PT teacher caught seven lads in the gym swinging on the ropes, . . this was a no-no, . . very dangerous in the event of two bodies colliding, . . he went ape-shit, . . he lined them up in a row and strode down the line non-stop giving a strong single whack to the outstretched hands, . . nobody ever swung from the ropes again.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top