Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 03:12 PM

Re: School disipline

Does anyone know if 'naughty' children still get Lines to do after school?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Some teachers today wouldn't have the heart to administer corporal punishment but if it was reintroduced (in my dreams) it could be dished out by headteachers, . . . . preferably built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Does anyone know if 'naughty' children still get Lines to do after school?

Not sure..but we were talking about this yesterday and my OH was telling me that he was given 100 lines to write and half way through wrote something rude about his teacher she never noticed
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 04:22 PM

They never used to read the lines Thankfully that is long behind us, I wouldn't go back if you paid me, I hated it with a passion, I remember once a teacher hitting someone round the face and they clouted her back, now that I remember but not what she taught.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 05:08 PM

I preferred the short sharp shock as opposed to getting lines, . . one teacher actually gave us the option.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by val ->
They never used to read the lines Thankfully that is long behind us, I wouldn't go back if you paid me, I hated it with a passion, I remember once a teacher hitting someone round the face and they clouted her back, now that I remember but not what she taught.
I feel the same I wouldn't want to go back to school either
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Our PT teacher caught seven lads in the gym swinging on the ropes, . . this was a no-no,
Were you one of the 'magnificent seven' then Dennis

BTW I agree that discipline was made through these types of punishments and discipline is what is sadly lacking in so many school kids today.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I'm surprised you got belted in primary Rose, they never used it in our area in primaries but as you say some teachers were a bit too eager with it.

That chap in the clip was a brave lad, . . one thing about the Tawse was on cold days it warmed your hands up.
Ah Denis I came from Govan and the teachers there were awful! I remember a teacher slapping my face (she did that to quite a few girls and boys) and I was 6 years old! They were cruel at Copland Road Primary school. I hated the teachers, with the exception of two. My mother sorted her out!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 11:27 AM

Discipline begins at home.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Nero your school may have been strong on punishment but the teaching of spelling seems to have left much to be desired.

I quote “School disipline”

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top