Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:00 PM

Dreams.....

Its tuff to find peace. In our everyday life there are always obstacles that seem to complicate things. Night time comes along, we go to bed thinking we will find peace and rest and a story plays out in our heads while we look to sleep. A story with a message that leaves us more confused than enlighten when we awaken the following morning.

Why for this mysterious experience we call dreaming ? More than likely our brain is trying to tell us something. Yet, the message many times is quite hard to decipher. I mean, why do we all dream of flying and why do we all find ourselves slowing down when a big fat monster is chasing after us in our dreams ?

Last night I dreamt that I was blow drying my hair and suddenly it began to fall out. I could actually see my hair literally flying off my head and then, piling up in a big hair ball on the floor. When I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I now had no hair on top of my head. I could hear myself say. No problem, I will live bald, no comb overs for me.

Not sure what my brain was trying to tell me through my dream. Maybe the loss of my hair was the fear of losing something I could not control

So, what are dreams, then ? I would say the inner exploration of the subconscious trying to awaken a reality in the conscious mind.

Be alert my fellow readers to both of your minds. You might learn something as you travel through space and time in your dreams.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:13 PM

Re: Dreams.....

I have some brilliantly vivid dreams ,about all manner of things weird and wonderful lol
I can remember most of them for a while after I wake.
One dream I used to have quite a bit was the same one ,id be walking in a dense forest and suddenly come across a clearing with sunshine and a cottage there I knew who lived there but could never see him,I would search everywhere for him but I never found him. The person who lived there was my partner/hubby to be who was killed in a motorbike accident. I know his spirit is there.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Sounds to me whoever lives in that beautiful cottage on a hill, seems to be in a very safe place.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:28 PM

I know so Rudolpho
eyes_of_a_painter
n

24-02-2016, 01:29 PM

So, be at peace..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:32 PM

I used to have the same dream for years of being lost always made me sad on waking to reflect on it
They are gone now, so that part of me is settled .........
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 01:33 PM

I love having dreams...they must be for a reason but I dont believe anyone knows for sure what that reason is yet
eyes_of_a_painter
n

24-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I used to have the same dream for years of being lost always made me sad on waking to reflect on it
They are gone now, so that part of me is settled .........
Indeed.. you moved on and that uncertainty no longer lingers in your mind
eyes_of_a_painter
n

24-02-2016, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I love having dreams...they must be for a reason but I dont believe anyone knows for sure what that reason is yet
My guess is the subconscious mind needs to release the everyday tensions of life. So, dreams are an escape valve for the mind. I read somewhere once, that if we did not dream, our brains would like short circuit
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 01:42 PM

I think thats a really good way of looking at it Rudolpho ....I believe we dont know what large parts of the brain is capable of as of yet but Im sure it has some "safety" valves in it for stuff to be released in a safe way

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top