Join for free
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 11:00 AM

Atlantis

Do you think that Plato was smokin weed when he wrote about the lost continent of Atlantis ?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-01-04-57-01-1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	438  
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 11:16 AM

Re: Atlantis

Nope

But if Atlantis is indeed "Lost" then what are we to think of it today?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 12:37 PM

As I see it, Plato, thought under his philosphical terms and as such, invisioned a utopian society. Truth of the matter is, by underwater evidence, our planet has gone through many climatic changes. And in those changes, water has covered up civilizations. I think we need to step away from traditional science and serously look into the fact, that our world as a people is much much older than we think.

Below is actual underwater photos of man made structures..

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-01-06-20-34-1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-01-06-24-20-1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	441  
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 04:38 PM

My family were rather intrigued to locate what appeared to be the remains of a vast civilisation in the area called the Madeira Plain in the Atlantic, south east of the Azores..........
@ 31degrees 22' 29.91 " N, and 24 degrees 17' 13.71" W and minus 5458 m deep !
ALSO
To the right of the above @ 31 degrees 13' 47.58" N and
21 degrees 49' 35.62" W @ minus 5009 m deep on Madeira Plain, what looks like a huge man-made broad canal/waterway, in a dead straight line going north and south for hundreds of miles ! Now you can't tell me that that is a natural development !!!

My hubby, when he was in the navy in the late 50's discovered the strange huge unnatural layout which could be Atlantis, with the advanced (for those days) technology. The details were saved and presented to the Admiralty where I dare say they are still gathering dust in a tucked away cupboard/shelf in their archives department !

When we found this strange symmetrical layout and drew my hubby's attention to it, he said "Good grief, that is precisely where I plotted what I thought was Atlantis back in the 50's using the navy's equipment ! " He was gobsmacked, realising that Google, all those years later, had plotted the very same layout !

It would be amazing if somebody funded an exploration with one of those submersible machines and were able to remove some of the silt covering to reveal,hopefully, ancient man-made structures !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 04:40 PM

This place ain't that old, yesterday at around 6.00am, it was quite frosty, but I ventured out, barefoot, to throw the recycling in the bin, I was out for about 15 seconds, and when back inside, discovered my feet were freezing, at which point I thought, no Human has ever walked round here barefoot, where ever we came from certainly had Footwear.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

01-03-2016, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
My family were rather intrigued to locate what appeared to be the remains of a vast civilisation in the area called the Madeira Plain in the Atlantic, south east of the Azores..........
@ 31degrees 22' 29.91 " N, and 24 degrees 17' 13.71" W and minus 5458 m deep !
ALSO
To the right of the above @ 31 degrees 13' 47.58" N and
21 degrees 49' 35.62" W @ minus 5009 m deep on Madeira Plain, what looks like a huge man-made broad canal/waterway, in a dead straight line going north and south for hundreds of miles ! Now you can't tell me that that is a natural development !!!

My hubby, when he was in the navy in the late 50's discovered the strange huge unnatural layout which could be Atlantis, with the advanced (for those days) technology. The details were saved and presented to the Admiralty where I dare say they are still gathering dust in a tucked away cupboard/shelf in their archives department !

When we found this strange symmetrical layout and drew my hubby's attention to it, he said "Good grief, that is precisely where I plotted what I thought was Atlantis back in the 50's using the navy's equipment ! " He was gobsmacked, realising that Google, all those years later, had plotted the very same layout !

It would be amazing if somebody funded an exploration with one of those submersible machines and were able to remove some of the silt covering to reveal,hopefully, ancient man-made structures !
That area that you mention, Azores, was said to have been connected with Atlantis. It had very high mountains, thats why when Atlantis sunk, this mountanous region in the Azores remained ontop as an isolated island

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-01-13-04-24-1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	444  
eyes_of_a_painter
n

01-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This place ain't that old, yesterday at around 6.00am, it was quite frosty, but I ventured out, barefoot, to throw the recycling in the bin, I was out for about 15 seconds, and when back inside, discovered my feet were freezing, at which point I thought, no Human has ever walked round here barefoot, where ever we came from certainly had Footwear.

Below is a picture of a prehistoric footwear made of leather. Which proves that ancient man may have been ancient according to our standards but not stupid

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-01-13-10-56-1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	446  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 08:58 PM

eyes_of_a_painter
n

01-03-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Very nice, thanks for sharing

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top