Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 01:51 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Ok solo, I just need a reboot up the arse.

I rescued this from the Policeman and the Pizza Thread, as I thought is was worthy of a single insertion here.

Today, 07:35 AM

Mozzarella you? Hey! Gotta no respect?
What-a you t'ink you do, why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place
Ah Salami in you face!…

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ok solo, I just need a reboot up the arse.

I rescued this from the Policeman and the Pizza Thread, as I thought is was worthy of a single insertion here.

Today, 07:35 AM

Mozzarella you? Hey! Gotta no respect?
What-a you t'ink you do, why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place
Ah Salami in you face!…

You be carefull what you are rescuing spitty as I hear that you can get a pretty hefty reboot from that there Salami...though it could just be a rumour put about from that Pizza lovin thread lot

*for those that are faint hearted ...don't look*

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 09:18 PM

The day you run out of one liners Spitty will be a sad and gloomy day indeed, but there’s plenty of ammo left in that head of yours, and it’s only a case of come the hour, come the man.

I overheard two 30 something men talking about the vagina Museum on the bus today, they were right in front of me, one of them said to the other “Next time I’m in London I might stick me nose in and see what it’s like”
Then the other fella says
“I believe there’s great craic in there Sean, they did an excellent job with the lighting, the Fanlight Fanny display is brilliant, and if you spend more than 30 quid in their shop you get a free fanny bag”

Jaysus, I ask yeh, what is the world coming to.

We are off early tonight to a very posh affair, the annual jewellers ball at the Mansion House. I’ve been going there almost every year since I was a teenager, I remember winning a spot prise for my teenage pimples, I was dancing with a girl named Dot at the time, she had to dash home early as her father had a stroke, it was a case of Dot Dot dash stroke, haven’t won anything since, Phyllis won a hamper two years ago.

At the grand jewellers ball
In the Mansion house hall
We all danced to the music of yore
Then Lady Prunella, tripped over a fella
And her pearls spilled over the floor.

Yes I remember that night well, she only got a few back, the following year single pearl rings came into fashion in Dublin.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 09:23 PM

Hello, Scribbles.
Hope you are all well.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 10:31 AM

Hope the night went well. At one time I had to do the Annual Ball thing...evening gown, high heels, best behaviour and went through a spell of raffle winning the most useless prizes ever.

After the heart stopping shock of your name being called out there was that embarrassing traipse up to collect whatever it was you had won...for instance one time it was an all singing, all dancing Teasmade. Remember those ! Amidst gales of laughter and knowing winks you returned to your seat wondering what they knew that you didn't...and you soon find out .

I have yet to encounter anything that was designed to scare the living daylights out of you as that Teasmade did and if like mine it also had a radio you were doubly cursed.

Preferring peaceful waking upping I detest noisy alarm clocks of any kind which didn't endear me to the blasted thing when being shot awake to that terrible noise that sounded like a submarine in a crash dive... that's of couse if the demented hissing and gurgling did not wake you up first and when it did finally splutter out tea you were well past any Yorkshire Gold moment. I think the fact your mouth was so dry from shock Teasmade thought you would drink anything after that.

Banned it to the attic till I could dispose of it to someone more worthy of its morning terror attack and lessons were learned after that Teasmade as you will not find a happier non prize winner anywhere on this planet than I.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 10:39 PM

Yes last night was very enjoyable Solo, meeting all the old bosses and fellow workers from the past, it’s the same every year, no matter how I try to divert them the conversation always reverts back to shop talk, ah well I suppose it’s only natural.
Phyllis won a useful prize too, a bottle of Hennessy VSOP Cognac, €74 a bottle I believe, it died a very quick death at our table. it always amuses me that so many people who say they never touch a drop will always try “a teeny weeny drop” of an expensive drink, teeny weeny drop me arse, the women lapped the stuff up in no time.

We never had a Teasmade thank God, I too like to be wakened gently and not bombarded back into reality by bells, gurgles, and boiling bubbles.
I don’t think anyone in their right mind ever actually bought one, they were made to be given to people as raffle prizes or presents to folks you hate, there was never a week went by on “The Sale of the Century” that a teasmade wasn’t on the conveyor belt, getting shut of them was not easy, I think the finally gave up and threw in the tea-towel.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-11-2019, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Hello, Scribbles.
Hope you are all well.
Thank you Sweetie, we are all scribbling along nice and leisurely, no sign of the ink running out yet.

The Mad Scribbler.

He began to scribble as soon as he could dribble, he was a scribbler on his dribbler
He scribbled on his cot and he scribbled on his Nanny, he scribbled on his uncle Joe, but never on Auntie Fanny.
He scribbled on his little body, he was all covered in ink, he scribbled on his eyebrows, so much he couldn’t blink.
He scribbled on the blackboard, also on the teacher, he would have scribbled on her forehead, but then he couldn’t reach her.
He scribbled on his girlfriend hand when they were at the pictures, and when she offered him some sweets, he scribbled on her Dolly Mixtures.
He scribbled on the preachers prayer book, when they were getting wed, and he spent the honeymoon night scribbling on the bed.
He read the local library books, trying to improve his jargon, but the librarian had to bar him, he was scribbling on the margin.
Now many years have passed and his eyes are not so good, his scribbling days are over, he’ll soon be in the wood.
And when he dies and leaves this world, his family and his mates, he’ll be standing at heavens entrance, scribbling on the gates.

(Jem 2019)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-11-2019, 10:55 AM

When I came out of the local at closing time last night I had to wait outside in the cold and rain for the wife and her two sisters to come out, I thought at first they might be yapping to someone inside, but no they were waiting outside the toilets to go inside, there are three cubicles for the women I’m told, she said there was a queue outside. Why do women have to go to the toilet in twos and threes anyway? Next time I’ll wait inside.
Why is there a queue there I wondered, when the men’s has only one cubicle and four urinal bowls, there is never a queue with the men. I presume most of the women would only want a pee after drinking, same as the men, nobody uses a pub toilet for a number 2 except in a real emergency. I suppose if the landlord built another cubicle there would still be a queue.
I remember a time when the old landlords used to refuse serving women because there were no toilet facilities for them, the bad old days of open discrimination.
I wondered is there any such thing as “Toilet rage” you know like road rage?
I must ask the missus has she ever seen any women fighting to get into toilets like they do over the merchandise at the January sales, you never see men doing that either do you?

I don’t think the men would put up with waiting, action is internationally understood and it speaks louder than words, just ask Johnny below, no messin with him when he wants to go.

solo
UK

25-11-2019, 01:32 PM

Pure poetry there which deftly explained what Scribbles is all about. The Bard would be proud of you Jem

Doing a quick browse of the dailies and swiftly by passing the usual dross I see that Dublin Airport has fluffy bouncy type animals causing problems as they are being sucked up into jet engines. A case of Hare today..gone tomorrow and whilst the obvious comments such as hair raising or finding another grey hare comments made you smile let's hope they sort that one out. o'Hare Airport wasn't mentioned by the way so maybe they have sorted it.

I will have you know it takes years for us women to perfect these toilet skills...and somethings just can't be rushed.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-11-2019, 10:19 PM

Thanks for that video Solo, so all is revealed, I knew they couldn’t just go in and go, wash the hands and come straight out again.

Animals on the move.
I took this photo about four years ago, we were on our way to meet friends in the East Wall docks area and it was a beautiful day, we hadn’t been down that way for years and never even heard of the three bears sculptures, Phyllis just fell in love with them and had to have a snap taken. Maybe it was just as well as they are not there anymore as I have just found out.

Spitty this snap is just crying out for a caption, don’t pull any punches, I can take it.

“If you go down to the 3Arena today, you're in for a big surprise... the city's most famous three bears are finally on the move.
For 20 years, the 8ft statues were seen striding purposefully outside the venue at the East Link Bridge. Now the bronze trio are marching on to a new home in the city centre.
The new location of the statues, which were created by Irish sculptor Patrick O'Reilly and donated by Harry Crosbie and family to the Department of Children and Youth Affairs, will be decided by minister Katherine Zappone who wants the bears to be more accessible to children.
O'Reilly is the acclaimed artist behind the Queen Maeve statue, which holds a bull's head aloft on Burlington Road, and the fantastical coloured figures the Boundary Kings on Thomas Street. The bears also have a brother at the beach in Greystones, Co Wicklow, and another at Adare Manor, which is the largest figurative bronze ever made in Ireland”
Source : Niamh Horan
May 26 2019

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top