Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 11:58 PM

Re: Spring visit.

I get alot of Robins and Wrens too Tess, and Dunnocks, Great Tits, Blue Tits and Blackbirds. The bigger bird visitors that come are Collared Doves, big fat Wood Pigeons and some Magpies lately too. I can sometimes hear a Woodpecker around, but I never see him.

I'm soaking mealworms & other dried insects for them now, and they have some chopped nuts, along with their ordinary seed mix too.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 05:53 AM

Nice to see you are getting good numbers of garden visitors folks,i have added 2 to my garden list in the past week.

Buzzard.

And Oystercatcher, dont have a decent photo of these. Both were flyovers.
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 08:02 AM

A favourite hobby of mine is birdwatching....lovely photos, thanks for sharing. Have just installed a nesting box in my back garden...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 09:43 AM

Nom, I don't know a lot about Buzzards but, for the last 5 years I have seen them circling my land on almost a daily basis...I even found one eating a rabbit on the ground (it is like Watership Down here ). I don't have a neat pretty garden, because I find the wildlife are more attracted to natural land, but the joy of seeing them return each day is more rewarding than lines of pretty flowers.
I have swallows nesting in my barn every year so I am hoping they will arrive in the next 2 months. Yesterday I came home to find an enormous bumble bee in my house, big enough to fill a dessert spoon. All the windows were closed but my cat flap was propped open so i can only assume he came in through there, because last year I had bumble bees nesting just outside my back door.
Thanks for sharing you photos and I am glad you managed to get out and take them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top