Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 08:02 AM

Thursday thoughts:)

and hope everyone will have a Good Day today.

Happy thoughts and stay safe.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 08:35 AM

Re: Thursday thoughts:)

Awwww, sweeeet. I like 'long dogs' and have vague thoughts of taking a rescue one when we are next in the market for a dog (not for a while I hope)

Health warning on this para - don't read whilst eating or if of a nervous disposition
What a start to the day. We've noticed an odd smell in the garage for a day or two, yesterday it became a nasty smell, today we've found the source. Remember my freezer gave up soon after the baby was born, when I was away, so Mr 'Smum sourced, purchased and transferred contents to a new one......? ... all except one package of evidently, which had secreted itself out of sight .....
Oh, yukky yukk. The flies found it.
But it's all cleared up now, and once I've had a good restorative double dose of caffiene I'll be fine again. What is it about maggots? Why do we find them so disgusting?

Hope no-one is reading whilst eating their breakfast - apologies if you are. Actually, I'll lighten that previous para and put a heath warning on it (Have we lost the option of changing text colour - couldn't find it)

Have a good day all - I will now!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 08:38 AM

Good morning BK, good morning all!

Bright morning here, I'm off to the vets with Cassie in an hour forher booster and also to get her claws clipped ..... I'm not going to be her best friend today!

Nothing else to report, a quiet day otherwise.

Hope Thursday is good for you!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 08:47 AM

Good Morning Rosemary, Hilary, Mags and everyone else.

Love the Gif Rosemary, our dog does'nt stick its tongue out when it is thirsty it kicks his water dish around the floor.
I can reflect on you situation Hilary, when my daughter was young she hid some Scotch eggs, so that my son would not eat them, then currently forgot about them. Needless to say after a few days there was a rather funny smell which took a couple of days to find and the maggots had taken over.
Mags I dont envy you having to visit the vets for claw clipping. Our dog would not let anyone near his claws.

Have a wondeful day everyone and remember just one absent friend so that their life will have meant something.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Awwww, sweeeet. I like 'long dogs' and have vague thoughts of taking a rescue one when we are next in the market for a dog (not for a while I hope)

Health warning on this para - don't read whilst eating or if of a nervous disposition
What a start to the day. We've noticed an odd smell in the garage for a day or two, yesterday it became a nasty smell, today we've found the source. Remember my freezer gave up soon after the baby was born, when I was away, so Mr 'Smum sourced, purchased and transferred contents to a new one......? ... all except one package of evidently, which had secreted itself out of sight .....
But it's all cleared up now, and once I've had a good restorative double dose of caffiene I'll be fine again. What is it about maggots? Why do we find them so disgusting?

Hope no-one is reading whilst eating their breakfast - apologies if you are. Actually, I'll lighten that previous para and put a heath warning on it (Have we lost the option of changing text colour - couldn't find it)

Eeeek pooooh!!!! Hope the caffeine hit worked lol
I work a longdog but for just a pet I prefer a lurcher. The longdog is in a bit of decline since we cant course anymore. Still a lot around just not the same as pre ban.
What are you fancying?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 11:32 AM

UGHH, maggots make me shudder. The weather is much the same as yesterday, cloudy and maybe a bit cooler.
Thanks for your good luck wish yesterday Brandykins, the Horse finished fourth and for my five euro each-way bet I got 46 euro back and watched a very enjoyable race. Enjoy your Day everyone.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->

OMG!! I am just after eating some fish fingers - then came on here and read that! Good job I don't get squeamish! Poor you though!! Horrid things they are indeed!!

Oh I love those dogs as well. They are so gentle and make great pets. I have a few friends who have them.

Loki makes a pond when she drinks her water - and she drinks gallons of it but more falls back out her mouth at the sides than goes down her throat, AB

Take care
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland

29-07-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
UGHH, maggots make me shudder. The weather is much the same as yesterday, cloudy and maybe a bit cooler.
Thanks for your good luck wish yesterday Brandykins, the Horse finished fourth and for my five euro each-way bet I got 46 euro back and watched a very enjoyable race. Enjoy your Day everyone.
Oh well done! Hope your next bet comes in first! I think I went to a horse racing track (think it was in Kildare?) one of the times I was there - the Curragh? No horses were racing that day but just past by it!

Enjoy your win - a lovely big pint of the Liffey water!! I could go one right now but it isn't the same over here!!

Take care
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 12:46 PM

Back from the vets with a very naughty Cassie!

I did warn the vet beforehand that she can be a bit 'spitty'. She growled better than any dog, spat like a wildcat and drew blood from the vet's hand! She hated having her lovely white teeth looked at, was good as gold having her booster ..... but like a cat possessed when having her claws clipped, it took two people to hold her for that!

I was glad to get back home for a strong cup of coffee!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 04:14 PM

Claws, the worst sort of treatment for one of Gods creatures. I dont envy you Mags.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top