Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 04:30 PM

Re: Thursday thoughts:)

Hi! Mostly cloudy and very humid here this morning 30 C (86 F), with t'storms predicted later in the day. I'm a bit gun-shy about that after the horrible ones Sunday. there are still a few people with no power! No errands so a lie in, a few chores then on line.

Leia got another mouse last night!!!!! I've never had mice in the Summertime before, no idea why they're coming in now; Autumn is understandable. She is quite pleased with herself.
Got a great pic but afraid it might be a bit too graphic to post....??

DM ... yuk! Not a nice experience! Mags, our gentle Cassie??? Doesn't sound as if she wants her claws clipped AT ALL! Well done, jemflux!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Afternoon all. Another `no go` for Jenny,that`s twice she has been to Addenbrooke`s for her throat stretch not to have it. It seeems they discussed her case and the surgeon did not want to operate without a consultant on hand.

Re-arranged for next Tuesday and she will have to stay in overnight. We remain optimistic that something can be done as Jen is only 56 and doesn`t fancy having a PEG for ever.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 06:11 PM

I know it's an anxious time for you both, stay optimistic and things will work out fine.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear about Jenny, OG; hope Tuesday next will finally be a success. This has been so hard for you both...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 09:25 PM

So sorry about the disappointment OG.

I truly hope next Tuesday will give you both the result you have been waiting for.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 10:12 PM

Sounds like you had a bit of a traumatic time at the Vets Mags........

Congrats Jemflux.....

Oh my goodness DM-I just couldn't cope with maggots....aaaargh!

Really hope all goes well for you both OG next week......

Walking this morning with the Hatti girl, and managed to avoid the showers. Then caught up with ironing, then off to the Vets this afternoon and after that little stroll round the local recreation ground......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi! Mostly cloudy and very humid here this morning 30 C (86 F), with t'storms predicted later in the day. I'm a bit gun-shy about that after the horrible ones Sunday. there are still a few people with no power! No errands so a lie in, a few chores then on line.

Leia got another mouse last night!!!!! I've never had mice in the Summertime before, no idea why they're coming in now; Autumn is understandable. She is quite pleased with herself.
Got a great pic but afraid it might be a bit too graphic to post....??

DM ... yuk! Not a nice experience! Mags, our gentle Cassie??? Doesn't sound as if she wants her claws clipped AT ALL! Well done, jemflux!!
So leia caught another mouse, the one my wife collared a few weeks ago must have come from the pigeon loft they knocked down at the back our house, the fella kept pigeons for years and he passed away recently, his Son had no interest in pigeons so he demolished the large wooden structure, everyone on the road reported mice all over the place, we were lucky we only got the one (so far). Our dog is much too old to show any interest in chasing pigeons (or anything else). Bless him.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

30-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Pity we're on the wrong side of the Pond, Leia would enjoy visiting you! She'd soon put an end to those pesky mice.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top