Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Wedding Bells for Chelsea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10820649

How refreshing it is to hear of Chelsea Clinton's wedding today, without all the beforehand fuss and attention seeking which many celebrities crave for.

I admire her down to earth attitude and hope she and her new husband will be very happy for many years to come.

I think Hilary will be strong but I feel sure that Bill will shed a tear or two I get the impression Chelsea is the apple of his eye.

Did you get an invite, Eileen?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2010, 12:47 PM

Re: Wedding Bells for Chelsea

Originally Posted by Mags ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10820649

How refreshing it is to hear of Chelsea Clinton's wedding today, without all the beforehand fuss and attention seeking which many celebrities crave for.

I admire her down to earth attitude and hope she and her new husband will be very happy for many years to come.

I think Hilary will be strong but I feel sure that Bill will shed a tear or two I get the impression Chelsea is the apple of his eye.

Did you get an invite, Eileen?
So much is being made of the money being spent that it spoils it for me. I happen to like Bill Clinton as well as his wife. The press is making a circus of the whole thing.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
So much is being made of the money being spent that it spoils it for me. I happen to like Bill Clinton as well as his wife. The press is making a circus of the whole thing.
I wish the happy couple all the best. Bill Clinton is very well liked in Ireland Bob, and he has such a happy smile.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2010, 04:58 PM

LOL, Mgs, no invite! I'd be out of place among all the celebrities anyway.

She seems to be a very sensible, down to earth person who dislikes publicity; I do respect her parents for the way the shielded her growing up. I hope it's a lovely wedding, and yes, I'm sure President Clinton will cry; he's an emotional man. I cry at weddings too!

Best wishes to the happy couple.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Congratulations and best wises to the happy couple, They were saying on the news that Chelsea has never got herself into trouble, gone through school etc., so well done to her!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 08:37 AM

Congrats to the happy couple. Hope they both will be very happy.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 03:17 PM

I liked the pictures - very nice

I have a soft spot for upstate NY anyway, and I agree with the points about Chelsea surviving her upbringing well - it can' have been easy.
I hope the Obama girls grow up well

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top