Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 08:15 PM

So how are YOU spending your Summer?

`Cos I`m on Tour.... in Clacton.
Having rashly agreed to do a bit of summer work, I seem to have been booked to work with small children throughout August in Clacton and surrounding areas.
So hi ho. hi ho, off to work I go, to instill fun and frolics into the rural hinterland of Mid Essex, with much jolly banter and a lot of dressing up stuff.
But that`s not all - my `friend` (I use the term with a bitter laugh) has also contracted me to do makeup for Thriller workshops. There will be Zombie Teenagers from St Osyth to Colchester... and probably tears before bedtime.
So - think of me as you sit down to watch the cricket on the village green or stuff your faces with yet another Cream Tea.
It`s hell out there in the Leisure Industry.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Re: So how are YOU spending your Summer?

Lol sounds like you'll be having lots of fun Claire

Me, same ol usual stuff!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Going to be very busy by the sound of it Claire but with lots of fun.

I'm waiting for summer to return, and when it does, I'll be making the most of it, walking and pottering in garden.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Sounds like you're going to have a very rewarding time with the young children Claire ...... laughter and fun on the menu!

Me, I'm looking forward to my holiday in two weeks time ...... I will be spending two weeks in Orlando sharing laughter and fun with my grandchildren
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 09:09 AM

Hope you are enjoying yourself, Claire

I'm not doing a lot other than the normal!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 09:35 AM

A change is as good as a rest Claire so enjoy it.

I spent the summer(all three days) walking the fells.
Then four days at St Andrews with the golf.
Now just mucking about doing what comes naturally.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 10:36 AM

Trying to keep my 4 year old occupied for the next 5 weeks without having to remortgage the house

June x
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
`Cos I`m on Tour.... in Clacton.
Having rashly agreed to do a bit of summer work, I seem to have been booked to work with small children throughout August in Clacton and surrounding areas.
So hi ho. hi ho, off to work I go, to instill fun and frolics into the rural hinterland of Mid Essex, with much jolly banter and a lot of dressing up stuff.
But that`s not all - my `friend` (I use the term with a bitter laugh) has also contracted me to do makeup for Thriller workshops. There will be Zombie Teenagers from St Osyth to Colchester... and probably tears before bedtime.
So - think of me as you sit down to watch the cricket on the village green or stuff your faces with yet another Cream Tea.
It`s hell out there in the Leisure Industry.
Claire, I'm in Colchester so if you fancy a meet up one evening then let me know. If not have fun
Bev
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 02:30 PM

Clacton?-I spent my first ever holiday away on my own there.

Butlins when I was 15. It would have been remembered but for one tiny fact that stole my thunder.

Some Americans decided that visiting the moon for the first time was possibly more interesting
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
Claire, I'm in Colchester so if you fancy a meet up one evening then let me know. If not have fun
Bev
Thanks Bev - but we`re not stopping over. The dogs`d never forgive me.

Today we turned up to find two small girls only, so we were sent home. We spent most of the rest of the day in a rather nice cafe having a gossip.
It`s a hard life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top