Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 08:34 AM

What annoys you?

We have just come back from shopping and nearly got hit by a car driving on the wrong side of the road.

I can not stand drivers who have no thought for other road users, they should be banned for life like drink drivers should be.

Apart from bad drivers, (who also park on pavements), queue's, till assistants who talk instead of working, Some TV adverts,(ie, go compare ) are just a few other things that get to me.

What gets on your nerves?
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Re: What annoys you?

It may be easier to list what doesn't annoy me, but heres a few.
People on thier mobile phones while driving

People not idicating which exit they are taking at a roundabout.

Drivers doing 20mph in a 30 or 40

Drivers doing 60 in a 30

People blocking supermarket isles with thier trollies and either chatting or walking off to get something.

The car washers in tesco car park that leap out at you to see if they can wash your car everytime you drive in there.

Ques to get a lottery ticket in Tesco on lottery days when stupidly they only have one poor girl on yet other days when there is no lottery they have 2.

Inconsiderate dog walkers who let thier dogs charge up to mine that they can see is onlead for a reason and then don't bother to retrieve it just leave me to sort out the mess and put my girl back months of hard work.

The kids round here

The school over the road drives me nuts with all the parents parking outside my house and driveway and then the staff don't use the school carpark they block our narrow little road all day parking there.

The go compare advert on tele.

I'll stop now before you all think I'm a right old misery
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 12:11 PM

I hate drivers who park on pavements. I called the council about one of their vans that was parked on the pavement and I had to walk Loki on the road, a car passing gave us the fright of our lives! The council has a slogan on its side saying "pavements are for pedestrians"!! I got an apology. The police even do it!

Dog owners with dogs off the lead and the dog's life put in danger running across the busy roads!! It also puts human life in danger as well if cars swerve and could crash!!

Injury Lawyers for You really annoys me!

The parrots screeching!!

I could go on

Good post, AB
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Mainly people who tell lies especially for the sake of it! (and know they are lying)
And the 40 residents who have petitioned the Council to try and stop the change of usage from a Church into flats and the demolishing of the Church hall to make more flats.
They can't see that they could have stopped it happening by attending the Church once in a while!
People who swear in front of my 4 year old, mothers that swear at their children, children that swear because they have heard it!!! Kids who wont give their seat up on a bus unless they are forced to!

June x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 04:27 PM

House alarms drive me crazy and it seems to happen more in the Summer, just when you get a nice Day and want to sit in the garden reading a good book, out blasts this unmerciful noise like a Banshee in labour, I have to go back into the house, close all the windows to keep the noise out and try to watch TV. I have the house key and alarm code of my next door neighbour who works all Day, but the rest of them around here don't trust each other that much, pity.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 04:45 PM

I can get annoyed quite easily but the last time I actualy yelled at the radio was a couple of weeks ago.

Radio 7 and this dear lady said this programme reflects the social mores of the time.

She said `moors` I yelled `morays` you dumb cow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Drivers who park illegally in the Handicapped spaces,

Buses that travel in packs.

People who let their dogs off leash (illegal here)/

And don't scoop after them!!

People with more than 15 items in the Express checkout

People who talk loudly on their cell phones on the bus.

Could go on and on ....
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 05:11 PM

People with more than 15 items in the Express checkout

Oh that does annoy me. I was in a supermarket and it clearly said 10 items.

The person in front of me went through with 4. I said to the checkout lady that I was suprised she had served the previous customer when the sign was clear.

I stopped short of her phoning her supervisor and smiled "that sign should say 10 items or less?"
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Loud music booming out of cars,
people who haven't a clue what the indicator is for,

waiting in line at the checkout and the person being served remembers something she/he wanted and darts off to get it........only to return some 10 mins later.

very grumpy tonight
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2010, 07:42 PM

People who board the bus without fare in hand. They know that they will need cash, but they wait till they board and then rummage in their pockets or handbag, holding up all the people behind!!

People who throw trash out of their car windows.

People on the bus/subway who don't give a seat to the elderly/handicapped.

Broadcasters who mangle the English language like OG's woman and "mores".

It all boils down to a lack of common courtesy and common sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top