Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2010, 02:56 PM

Re: £700,000 Cash Stash....!!!!!

What type of 4th Amendment rights do you have in your area?

For example, a few weeks ago two over-zealous cops came to my home using an unrelated area crime as an excuse to interrogate bikers. I told them that I would avail myself of rights enumerated under the 5th Amendment. They told me that I was not in custody. I then told them I would avail myself of rights enumerated under the 4th Amendment.

A brief exchange of meaningless excuses followed. I got tired of that really fast. I held out my wrists and told them to arrest me. No joke, they told me they had no handcuffs, so I threw them out.

Might seem extreme, but in the USA actions like this might be a precursor to RICO problems.

I folded back the license plate on my Sportster and told my neighbor (a good decent cop) that as an old biker I had now found three or four ways to get into and out of my little burg where a Sportster would fit, but a Crown Victoria would not.

Considering these bizarre circumstances the cop told me "it was probably a good idea."

BTW, here it is not a crime to lead an officer around the city 'sight seeing.' It's only "eluding" if they turn on their lights.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top