Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Re: What pleases you?

Yes, happy animals make me smile too.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2010, 10:42 PM

A home made card from one of my little grandchildren.
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2010, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Why oh why are some people so unnecessarily aggressive and rude?
Oh, you are so right!

One evening a few of my friends and I curtailed our travels to slake our thirst at a dispensary for chilled beverages. I must admit that traversing the distance had been arduous.

A local citizen made an incorrect observation on the collective parentage of those in the assembly, and I corrected his postulates and composed a rather compelling rebuttal.

Surprisingly, he took umbrage approaching disdain. I was taken aback, and offered some corrective coping mechanisms as an aid for his life experiences. I'm afraid he was not open to my kind gestures.

Being adjacent to the establishment's billard facilities, I availed myself of their ancillary accouterments. I was quite distressed to see that my debating counterpart damaged my cue driving implement with his left frontal lobe. I believe one of my traveling companions also chipped his beverage receptacle.

Clearly, this otherwise pleasant exchange terminated all too abruptly, and as the winning organization the innkeeper offered up his thanks with complementary refreshments. It appeared that these individuals were well known in the area, and their unruly discussion tactics had brought past consternation.

We continued our journey, arriving at our local comfort station to regales of congratulations. You can imagine how these festivities marked my fragile psyche.'

I apologize if I have not utilized verbiage more suitable for a distinctly European setting. I'm afraid that my regional jargon might be offputting.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Such an eloquent reply surely demonstrates that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

It`s just that some need a smack around the head with a billiard cue to get them to understand
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Such an eloquent reply surely demonstrates that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword.
Never hit anyone with a pen.

BTW, did you know they sell such things? If you google "tactical pens" you'll find an entire cottage industry on this topic.

(I know, I know. My wife and I own three of them.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top