Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Racism In Sport

Tell me is it me or is this kind of thing creating the monster that society is always saying it is trying to kill.
I have watched and I have heard and also had a few run in with parents on the sidelines in my day 1990/2000.
I used to teach/run a junior league club in SE London and there were always plonkers ready to dig out my kids who were aged between 9 and 16.

Especially in the suburb areas where we played a lot of our league games. Mainly because that was were all the decent playing fields were.
Been some years I know and I do miss it but I would have thought by now things would have changed.

Anyways this I read on the BBC Sports page today and I have to just shake my head.
"Raheem Sterling: England star named on the Football Black List 2019".
Now why do we have a Black List.
its the same in the music world Black Awards.
I mean to me they are just putting more coals on the fires they are trying to put out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Re: Racism In Sport

They can't have it both ways, on one hand saying that colour is not an issue but then on the other, using it to separate them from white people. To be fair, those such as Sterling probably have no say in the matter. These things are usually thought up by white apologists with nothing better to do. To me, Sterling is a great footballer, his colour doesn't interest me.

I see also that the South African rugby team has its 'first black captain', so what?. He should just known as the captain.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 06:34 PM

MOBO = music of black origin... of course this is not stirring the shti is it regarding race hatred
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 06:40 PM

Hi

Race or colour has no part of it for me.

It is all about ability and personality.

People of colour can be as a big a prat as anyone, there are as many black pillocks as there are white.

I have never come across a black sportsperson who relies on their colour.

I have come across many Politicians who do.

Abbott and Lammy in particular.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

They can't have it both ways, on one hand saying that colour is not an issue but then on the other, using it to separate them from white people. To be fair, those such as Sterling probably have no say in the matter. These things are usually thought up by white apologists with nothing better to do. To me, Sterling is a great footballer, his colour doesn't interest me.

I see also that the South African rugby team has its 'first black captain', so what?. He should just known as the captain.
In SA also LD they had a black business association which ran
alongside a business association that was open to all races?
This was AFTER the ANC had been elected ??
Donkeyman!
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Well said,

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top