Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 12:42 PM

Re: photo problems

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It would have been polite to ask first if I would allow my photo to be edited.

Just for future information, the copywrite belongs to the photographer and permission should be sought before use

How ridiculous! You were asking for people's advice and help with your snaps, they gave it and you get the hump. Or were you really hoping people would say your pic is great. As for copyright (not copywrite), I doubt anyone would want to nick it anyway.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->

Not perfect I know, but a very quick edit in Lightroom

Much nicer gasman. You have also moved the subject up which is a better balance visually. The original was too low down.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-07-2020, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I think the pic is overexposed. with a colour saturation boost in camera and/or in post edits.

The flower is in direct sunlight, the background in the shade, nothing wrong with that other than reducing the camera's exposure value on the subject would make the BG even darker.

HERE is a shot I'm pleased with .... taken with Exposure Bias at -1.33 to retain cherry detail.
Fantastic d00d. I love the lighting.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree. Very distracting, as they take the eye away from the main subject.
Very observant, Judd and eye for composition.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 04:20 PM

gasman's edit

my edit ... desaturated distracting bits
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 04:25 PM

excellent photo dood.

awesome d00d.....

fantastic d00d. I love the lighting.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 08:15 PM

I think in the interests of the 'community' -the thread should end.
Perhaps a re-boot with someone's photo offered up for members to re-tune.

Could be a Barry like comp with members explaining how they adjusted the image.

Just a thought to make the negative into a positive.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Mags
yes and I have to say sorry I too should have asked first but at the time I was not aware of the law. Never done it since to the best of my knowledge
Let me start off by saying that I do not have anything personal against you RS. However, having read quite a lot of your posts regarding photography, I have to say that you really don't have a clue. Even more so when you spat out the rubbish regarding COPYRIGHT - Omah kindly posted the forum's policy regarding this.

I was just making a point of how to be polite on a forum regarding use of a photo by other persons.
Cobblers, you just wanted to try and diffuse the situation by posting another piece of useless information.

Legal point worth noting

It is not unusual that prosecutions can cost an offender a lot of money if taken to court over breach of copywrite even with photos

In some cases, you could be correct, but not on here.

This is why I am very reluctant to post any more photos
With all due respect RS, do you actually believe that anyone on here would want to steal your COPYRIGHT and use them for financial gain anywhere else on the internet? At best, they are just record shots, at worse, they are nothing to write home about.
Other site under the name and avator have if they allow editing or not
I know the site that you are referring to and that is for photographers to showcase their shots and depending on the section, have constructive criticism. This site is not just for photography and if you were that concerned about someone stealing your artistic efforts, you could have written under your AVATAR 'do not edit'
I have tried on numerous occasions to help you and guide you to some excellent, free photographic sites. I use them myself and trust me, I am still learning my hobby, especially post processing. My very quick re-take on your Rose took less than 5 minutes before I went to bed and although not perfect, it is way better than your effort. Then d00d kindly took it one stage further to show you how it should have looked. You try to give out lots of photographic information on here and although Google might be your best friend, I think that you would benefit from various free courses.
I shall no longer try to help you and comment on any of your posts.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How ridiculous! You were asking for people's advice and help with your snaps, they gave it and you get the hump. Or were you really hoping people would say your pic is great. As for copyright (not copywrite), I doubt anyone would want to nick it anyway.

gasman
Kent, UK

03-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
gasman's edit

my edit ... desaturated distracting bits
Nice work d00d

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top