Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Re: Drinking.

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes it is a really tasty and refreshing summer drink that your wife might even like too. I hope you do try it.
My wife's not having any. I want it all to myself!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
My wife's not having any. I want it all to myself!
Oh my.
Enjoy then.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sacrilege !!! You watered down a beautiful Brandy with ice cubes and lime juice ??? - How dare you !!! - Grand Marnier should be sipped alone and without ice !!!!
I just looked up Grand Mariner and it’s an orange liquor made from Cognac Brandy so I sort of see your point but the main reason I got it was because the Triple Sec was a huge bottle and since I’m not a huge drinker , didn’t want this much and the Grand Mariner was a extra small bottle. My reasoning was that I didn’t want to water down the Amaretto
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:12 PM

I just looked up Grand Mariner and it’s an orange liquor made from Cognac Brandy so I sort of see your point but the main reason I got it was because the Triple Sec was a huge bottle and since I’m not a huge drinker , didn’t want this much and the Grand Mariner was a extra small bottle. My reasoning was that I didn’t want to water down the Amaretto

To enjoy the taste of Marzipan, you should drink Armaretto neat too darlin' !!!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Hmmm I'm thinking it could either be one from the Crafty Brewery such as Apex Predator, or Great Newsome's Frotheringham Best. Perhaps it was an ale from Atom Brewery or Wold Top?
There are so many little micro breweries springing up everywhere at the moment, Wayleron, it's really reassurring to see that real ale is in such a thriving position when so many pubs and shops are closing.

Wold Top Bitter sounds familiar, it was a 3.8 brew. Such a clean refreshing beer.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

06-06-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
To enjoy the taste of Marzipan, you should drink Armaretto neat too darlin' !!!
Ok Uncle Joe.
I will try it someday.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Wold Top Bitter sounds familiar, it was a 3.8 brew. Such a clean refreshing beer.
This is Wold Top's range of beers, Wayleron. The Scarborough Fair IPA at 6% abv is a lovely, blonde beer and deceptively strong.
Their brewery isn't too far from me in Driffield, so we plan to take a trip out there in the summer.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-06-2019, 03:53 PM

Ok Uncle Joe.
I will try it someday.
Joe - If you fancy something really tasty, try a shot glass of Amaretto but heat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Don't knock it back quick though because it will be hot. Gorgeous!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 08:05 AM

Joe - If you fancy something really tasty, try a shot glass of Amaretto but heat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Don't knock it back quick though because it will be hot. Gorgeous!

Nah, matey, I don't have (and will not have) a microwave !!!

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top