Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Mornin all

I'm back, . . . what a week, . . torrential rain and floods.

Enough of that, . . on Monday night I noticed a polyp on Nero's neck, . . it was about the size of a match head so I took him to the vets Tuesday so have it looked at, I've seen these before over the years on previous dogs I've had and they're easy to remove with a cryogenic wand.
Anyways, the vet said this one would be better removed surgically, then came all the advisory guff about doing bloods, doing post pathologies, testing for this that, and any other tests they could think of.
(They're in the business of making loads of cash you see.)

Cutting a long story short he had the op yesterday, I brought him home at 3pm yesterday but he was zonked out after the anaesthetics they'd gave him, . . he's at my feet just now still a bit groggy.

He's doing well, . . he's had some slices of chicken and I got a harness and took him down the park coz he can't wear a collar 'till it heals.

The bill comes to . . . . . . . £500,. . . yep, for a polyp,. . I await the results of the pathology report but I'm confident it will be OK.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Re: Mornin all

Well - thank goodness you're back. There are search parties out all over looking for you!

Best wishes to the lovely boy for a smooth and speedy recovery
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 01:38 PM

Oh! .... what a relief to hear from you Nero, we've been thinking all sorts of things

Poor Nero, good job you spotted the polyp - I hope he recovers well with your loving care.

Good to have you back!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Thank goodness you are back, we have all been worried about what might have happened to you.

Poor Nero, I hope he isn't feeling too sore after his op, give him a big kiss from me and my gang.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Good to see you back Nero [well both really!]
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Aww hope he feels better soon Nero!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Poor fellow, hope he's back to himself soon. They do worry us. (And cost us ...that seems a steep bill!)
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 05:46 PM

Good to see you back Nero.....poor boy, hope he makes a full recovery soon....
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 07:44 PM

Yes, poor fella - and they always look so pathetic after g.a.'s!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Aw Dennis poor Nero but good that you saw it and got it removed. Hope he is up and running by the weekend, bless him.

Big hugs to him from me and doggy licks from Loki xxxx

Take care.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top