Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2009, 07:10 PM

Need more profile questions!

Hey guys - got any ideas for more profile questions so that we can fill it up a bit? It's sortof empty looking at the mo

Also, please upload new profile pics as the size has been increased
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2009, 11:24 PM

Re: Need more profile questions!

Pets? ....... Phobias? .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 12:46 AM

Likes/Dislikes ..
Lilacj
New Member!
South Wales, UK
Lilacj is female 

10-12-2009, 09:37 PM

not sure if that's what you meant but I can't upload my picture
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 09:55 PM

Which pic? Your avatar? Do you have it on photobucket or anywhere? if so post it here and I'll upload it for you

(I noticed your profile pic worked ok)
Lilacj
New Member!
South Wales, UK
Lilacj is female 

10-12-2009, 09:58 PM

what's an avatar? I meant my profile which I was trying to upload from my pc
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

10-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Avatars are the little images that shows with our posts

You can upload one here: http://www.over50sforum.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

The pic you uploaded is your profile pic, which shows on your profile: http://www.over50sforum.com/member.php?u=90

Just ask if you get stuck - one of us will try to help
AlH
New Member!
South Wales
AlH is female 

11-12-2009, 02:55 PM

Seriously, are more profile questions really needed? Many may, of course, 'want' more.

I must confess that, when I joined yesterday, I had to chuckle at being asked what car I drove. Could that be asked from curiosity? A desire to judge a member according to their taste in vehicle or perhaps the value of the said mode of transport or its environmentally friendly properties - or otherwise?

Are more profile questions required as a form of passing judgements or making assumptions on the lifestyles of others? Perhaps their intellectual standing in society? Possibly even hidden agendas that might maximise profits of advertisers of goods and services for the over 50s?

Could it even be a desire to label members in some bizzare way?

I am a firm believer in the fact that we are all as sick as our secrets, and that the worst of those are the ones hidden from ourselves, therefore I prefer not to have secrets - but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd want to publicise all those I know about to the world on an internet forum.

Perhaps, before more profile questions were added, it's worth asking, or even debating, if, or why, those might be a positive addition to profiles?

We could start by asking dear Azz why he wants to know what vehicle members drive? That especially as, when I looked, there's not even a forum to chat about one's vehicles.

As Azz sent me a friendship request within minutes of joining the forum - and before I had even posted - I asked about that, somewhat tongue in cheek. After numerous PM exchanges last night, he concluded I was mad. I replied that I preferred 'eccentric', although it is likely others would side with Azz.

'Blessed be the cracked, for they let in the light.'
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 05:28 PM

I think it would be nice if there were just a little bit for people to say oe show whatever they wanted about themselves - I might put a painting for instance?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

11-12-2009, 07:14 PM

It just to fill out the profiles AlH, they look a bit bare otherwise Plus they're a bit of fun - it's nice to know what other members think/like. And all questions are optional (I should probably add that somewhere )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top