Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 08:50 PM

A Granny Hoody??

Lol this made me laugh:

A great-grandmother was told to remove her hood at a shopping centre in Cambridge, as they crack down on antisocial behaviour.

Peggy Harden, 84, was shopping with her husband Desmond in the Grand Arcade centre, when a security guard stopped them.

Managers at the Grand Arcade later apologised for "any stress" caused to Mrs Harden, who walks with a stick, when she was told to remove the hood by a security guard.

Watch the vid here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8407754.stm
AlH
New Member!
South Wales
AlH is female 

11-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Re: A Granny Hoody??

I may not be a great grandmother YET, but regularly wear hoodies. Nice and warm and practical - besides, I get them free as they are my son's cast-offs.

I also walk with a stick, but for some reason no security guards have ever approached me... Could it be the scent I'm prone to wear? Eau de duckshite is likely the most pungent, unless I've recently cleaned out the ferrets and got a bit too familiar with one?

Of course, when I had a billy goat - a rather passionate one who liked nothing better than to rub against anyone handy - that really took some beating, and boy, did it linger for ages on everything from his collar to the timber in the building!

I tell you, if they could replicate that one in an anti-rape spray, there would be a serious decline in that crime... or perhaps a massive rise in detection rates.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Lol you're mad Al

Although as it happens... I actually soooo want to get a hoody too! They look so warm, and the ones with bobbles look great
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:19 PM

Azz, get one! I wear my red one regularly (and you know how old I am!!). It's toasty warm in this awful weather.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:29 PM

Yes, get a red one Azz!!

AlH is mad I agree!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:50 PM

I have a navy blue one too, but the red is warmer ...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 10:11 PM

You're never too old to be a hoodie-they are lovely and warm. A friend of mine got stopped by the police though. She was taking her dogs out late at night round a recreation ground-it was about 11 pm. They followed and stopped her, although they didn't know she was a 'she' at the time and asked if she was alright. What drew their attention to her was she was also carrying a watering-can as someone's dog had had the runs outside her front dor and she had got the watering can to rinse it away. She then carried on with the dogs and watering-can in hand! I couldn't stop laughing when she told me about it but she couldn't understand why they had stopped her. Told her all the police would see would be a hoodie with some sort of can in her hand-could have contained anything....petrol etc.....she hadn't thought about that....well she is a bit of a dippy person.........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

11-12-2009, 10:20 PM

LOL, Love that story, merz!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, Love that story, merz!
Started me off again laughing Dandysmom when I was typing it-so funny .................
AlH
New Member!
South Wales
AlH is female 

11-12-2009, 10:48 PM

Azz, I would love to know what qualifies you to label me 'mad'?

Out of interest, part of my voluntary work - no, not the animal rescue related work, but something you don't yet know about - requires me to undertake regular psychological assessments, and in the latest of those, it turned out that I appear to be amongst the top 2% of the most sane in the country! I felt quite alarmed by that discovery... It says so much about the remaining 98%, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top