Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
philwhiteland
Derbyshire, UK
philwhiteland is male  philwhiteland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Re: What book format do you like best?

I know what you mean about the characters, although I've only written one work of fiction and that has not exactly been universally acclaimed My stuff largely comprises humorous memoirs, the characters are real and captured in the past, so they don't have a lot of leeway.

I think deep and meaningful is overrated!
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 04:02 AM

Re: What book format do you like best?

I prefer real books, but read electronic books on my iPad most of the time these days. Our library has subscriptions to two eBook services with lots of interesting books for free, but many of the books I'd like to read aren't available.

I used to take three to five books on vacation with us (plus our travel books) and my wife absolutely hated it. Even though she didn't have to deal with the weight, the idea that I was dealing with it affected her.

I do enjoy reading the eBooks now, and definitely like being able to have a device that has books, games and other features in a small package in my backpack when I travel. However I would definitely like to be reading real, printed books if it were an option.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top