Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Monday chat

A great aspect of not working - no Monday Morning Feeling! Or Sunday evening feeling as I used to feel more strongly ... work in the morning ...but I'm enjoying my weekend!

It's cold here, though no frost that I can see. I think it's only a little above freezing with little chance of it rising a lot through the day. No wind, so it'll be OK.

I seem to have a lot of chores and added xmas jobs to do today but I've put 'Change to 15 Tog duvet' at the top of my To-Do list (Have to make a list, or something will get forgotten - does your memory let you down too?)

So - off to walk the dog. I've said hello to new people I had missed so I'll return to read yesterdays posts and post some replies later.

Have a good day everyone and (if appropriate to your location) Keep Warm!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Re: Monday chat

Good Morning DM Oh I hate not working! I miss my work so much but on the other hand I would never had my Loki - so that more than makes up for not working!!

Horrid day up here but on the plus side of it, the heavy fog and Scotch mist has past!! Rain has taken over.

Hope you have a good walk with your dog. I take Loki out later for the start of her long walks as I always have to wait until she's had her medication at 10 am!!

Hope everyone will enjoy their Monday.

Take care
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Good Morning OFFers . It's raining again here (will it ever stop) and very cold and grey

I really ought to do some serious work this morning instead of pottering around Chloe needs bit of a trim and there is always cleaning to do.

Have a good day everyone what ever you are doing
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Mornin all, not long arisen (as wotizname said in the bible) was it Lazarus ?

Anyways, . . you have only 10 more days oFFers.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
A great aspect of not working - no Monday Morning Feeling!
I am like you Hilary, hated Monday morning, I do now 'work' a couple of days a week even if OH thinks it is not proper work (She thinks sitting in front of a computer and doing stuff over the internet isn't 'proper' work ) but usually I can fit the days in with my other tasks so it's much better than getting up at 05:00 on a cold wet miserable Monday
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Hi all! A lovely sunny day after the cold all day rain Sunday: 6 (43 F), and may make 10 by afternoon. Lifts the spirits after the gloom. Finally got the trash out, and to the market; gave up on the Post Office as the line was 27 people, most with many large parcels! This is a small neighborhood substation with only 2 clerks. so will try again earlier in the day; hope my cards will make it. Am feeling much better, Leia seems fine too.

I for one don't miss working at all! Hated Monday morning and facing five days in the rat race; love the freedom of retirement.

Enjoy the day, people.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Glad I'm not the only list person, I have lists all over the house and on my hand I went to the vet with 2 dogs for vaccs today and had to make another appointment so asked her to write it down as I would forget it. Got home and had to ring back because I forget to pick up my vacc cards I changed to working nights last year and I love that feeling too, when you dont think the night before, Oh Ive got to get up early for work tomorrow. I'm working tonight but it doesnt feel like a monday because I've had all day to do what I need to, its great
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Lol it's funny reading you refer to yourselves as OFFers

You'll always be my special offers
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Lol it's funny reading you refer to yourselves as OFFers

You'll always be my special offers
Aww thats so nice Az...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Aww thats so nice Az...
Cheap and cheerful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top