Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 04:08 PM

BA cabin crew turkeys vote for xmas! :(

They must be crazy!
What a ridiculous situation - what do they think they will gain?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 04:16 PM

Re: BA cabin crew turkeys vote for xmas! :(

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
They must be crazy!
What a ridiculous situation - what do they think they will gain?
A holiday over xmas DM, . . seriously though, strikes win nothing, due to wildcat strikes in the 60's we lost our car industry and most of our manufacturing and heavy industries, . . when will they ever learn.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 05:39 PM

If the company needs to make cuts to survive they need to make cuts. BA staff get paid quite well too so I think they can stomach the cuts tbh
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 05:45 PM

As I understand it the crew are accepting of the fact that times are hard and there may have to be changes to their conditions of service (to an extent, of course, just as the pilots have agreed a pay package which is not great for them)
These strikes are because BA has decided that new employees will be taken on under far less generous terms than existing staff.
I understand the term 'thin end of the wedge' but for the cabin crew to put the very existence of their company in jeopardy for the sake of those not yet hired seems total lunacy
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 08:49 PM

They should be ashamed of themselves - people getting disappointed, especially children. Strikes don't do any good - they closed Chrysler Car Plant. I wonder how they did the vote - by a show of hands, or ballot! I hope the BA staff who did vote for strike action do not have a Merry Xmas! I detest strikes, no one is a winner.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 08:57 PM

I agree strikes do nothing except cause hardship

Everyone else has suffered because of the recession so what make BA any different lots of people have had to take a paycut to keep there jobs and companies going

Also I really feel for those people like my cousin who have saved for a long time for their hoilday my cousin is due to fly our to Australia on the 27th!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top