Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Re: The joys of being single.

Absolutely! Getting divorced was the best thing I ever did! I pity my married friend who has to `ask the hubby` before she can come out with us. One day we`d been working together, and as we left, her husband met her with a complaint that she hadn`t been shopping for dinner! The fact that he was retired and she`d been working all day didn`t seem to matter.
This could be a generational thing though - my younger friends don`t seem to be nearly as browbeaten.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 12:02 PM

With the age of computers well and truly upon most of us, just a few taps on the keyboard and you are in the company of your cyber friends and can spend many hours having enjoyable 'chats' like this.

This is why I, for one, appreciate Azz's forums, they are not just somewhere to chat, he makes the effort to understand us and give us what we want and is prepared to listen to suggestions.

My husband is the one who lives alone now downstairs while I have loads of company up here!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
With the age of computers well and truly upon most of us, just a few taps on the keyboard and you are in the company of your cyber friends and can spend many hours having enjoyable 'chats' like this.

This is why I, for one, appreciate Azz's forums, they are not just somewhere to chat, he makes the effort to understand us and give us what we want and is prepared to listen to suggestions.

My husband is the one who lives alone now downstairs while I have loads of company up here!
I am beginning to feel jealous, I would love to be single. I have never tried it.

OH only talks on an absolutely needs must basis, has his own sitting room and bedroom. I just get on with my life, have my own friends and hobbies, do what I want! I suppose it is like being single!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I am beginning to feel jealous, I would love to be single. I have never tried it.

OH only talks on an absolutely needs must basis, has his own sitting room and bedroom. I just get on with my life, have my own friends and hobbies, do what I want! I suppose it is like being single!
Now that sounds like a most sensible arrangement! I`m most impressed! All the advantages (double income, built in pet sitter, someone to have the occasional whinge to) without the disadvantages.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Now that sounds like a most sensible arrangement! I`m most impressed! All the advantages (double income, built in pet sitter, someone to have the occasional whinge to) without the disadvantages.
There are disadvantages, being moaned at 24/7 for example, but we live in an isolated location and he adores the dogs, thats the advantages.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 08:46 PM

I've lived alone since I was 34 and lost my Dad, don't think I could ever adapt to sharing living space with someone else. Too set in my ways.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 06:13 PM

I know lots of people who are in marriages or relationships who are lonley...and unhappy. Rather be happy and single or happy and in a relationship/married than unhappy and lonley.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 06:24 PM

With four Rotties, . . believe me, . . you're never lonely.
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 06:35 PM

Wow 4 of them. We have just 1 dobberman that's enough! going for world domination lol
moetmum
Hampshire

26-09-2009, 08:26 PM

I have 4 b's so am never lonely, we are hoping for the patter of tiny paws at the end of November so will be too busy to be lonely.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top