Join for free
Page 1 of 255 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 04:42 PM

OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

OFF SLIMMING CLUB
This idea was recently suggested to me , and it sounded like a great idea to go ahead with I have a lot of changes to make to turn things around in my own life, but this is one that I can share. I live alone, and need all the support that I can get.

Basically OFF SLIMMING CLUB---rules are very simple---to encourage , help and support everyone else.
So starting on Wednesday morning, weigh yourself —I will put you on the OFF list---you can disclose your starting weight or not—your decision. I thought it would be a good idea to weigh in every Wednesday. You can use any diet that you fancy—or just cut down on stuff—eat healthier---try some exercises if you want to—I might go back onto my WII Fit---I used it before—really made me feel stronger.
Anyone can join—male , female.. any age..however much or little you have to lose. We will welcome any recipes, tips, and hints, advice, and a little of your own story, if that is what you wish.
We are all here to help each other.

There will be a Slimmer of the week, plus a Super Slimmer of the Month---I would like to work it out on percentages, but that could be difficult not knowing everyone’s starting weight---so just have to do the best we can.
Please let me know if you can think of any other ideas or maybe change some things.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Hi

It sounds a great idea Mariana.

I will join in, a botched NHS treatment and steroids has left me 11 kilos above normal.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 08:24 PM

Thats brilliant to have you on board--yes, steroids do that , dont they? Hopefully lots of help to come on this thread.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 10:53 PM

A nice idea to get a group going.

My only comments, as per the other thread, is really to focus away from weighings. Concentrating on your weight and stepping on those scales all the time is, imo, the wrong approach. But it's up to individuals in the end.

A suggestion I have for your OFF club is to have people list everything they have eaten in a specific day. Then let others comment on it. It might prove useful. So for example if you made yourself say a Lasagne in the evening and you list every ingredient used, including manufacturer for any tin, packet, carton etc then we can start to unpick the ingredients and any hidden nasties.

Out of this we might come up with a set of great recipes from each participant which are healthy and easy.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

05-04-2016, 08:11 AM

Thank you for your suggestions Realist--I like the idea of listing a days menu--could be interesting and helpful. As for weighing in, I feel it would give a sense of achievement--something to aim for, but I am happy to go for what the majority want.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:24 AM

Hi

Started a day early as off on my travels tomorrow.

Weight 83 kilos, target 72 kilos.

Sweeteners instead of sugar, sorrel soup for lunch, only egg whites instead of whole eggs.

Evening meal will be chicken breast, no skin, sweet potato oven wedges and stir fried veg.

Tomorrow diet will be wrecked as the Ukraine has no idea what healthy eating is.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

05-04-2016, 03:57 PM

Welll---good luck---holidays and diets do not normally mix---I have no idea what they eat in the Ukraine.

So far today I had rice cakes with cottage cheese and fresh pinapple my favourite breakfast---and as I was out-a tuna and salad sandwich--no mayo--plus 2 cups of green tea--2 cups of coffee--again, because I was out---not sure about tonight---maybe mashed avacado on crispbread with spiralised carrot and apple salad.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-04-2016, 05:03 PM

Hi

Mariana, the Ukraine is work, not a holiday

It is possibly the worst place anyone could choose for a holiday, hopefully only there for 1 or 2 days.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Good luck, swimmie. My brother was there with the OSCE a while ago, and he found the whole job a trial.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

05-04-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Mariana, the Ukraine is work, not a holiday

It is possibly the worst place anyone could choose for a holiday, hopefully only there for 1 or 2 days.

Ohh-thats really good news---I confess I wondered why anyone would go there for a holiday--to see relatives possibly.

Page 1 of 255 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top