Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Star Signs.......

What is your star sign....does your personality reflect your sign and do you read your horoscopes?

My star sign is Aries. I am nothing like what an Arian should be....

Extrovert - nope-I like to be in the background

Fiery - nope-takes a long time and a lot of pushing to even get me annoyed

Confident - I'm confident if I know what I'm doing-but not really confident
in trying new things

Impatient - nope - I have all the patience in the world

Leader - not these days-although when I worked full time I managed 42
staff-so suppose I was a leader

I don't read my horoscopes becaue 1) I don't buy daily papers/magazines and 2) I don't believe them cos I think someone is just sitting there and making them up.

Your turn...............
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 09:43 PM

Re: Star Signs.......

I do read my horoscope daily, not that I believe in it and it never fits anyway. But oddly enough, I am almost a perfect Taurus with a few exceptions. I'm generally easy going but on the rare occasions I can rant like the Bull. Generally quiet, not a leader, like my routine, love nature, animals and food, good listener, not adventurous at all and tend to be lazy.

Good thread idea!
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 10:06 PM

I'm Pisces, but that always makes me laugh. It took me until I was 50 to learn to swim so I'm no water baby
I look at my stars in the hairdresser's but they never seems to match anything that happens. Of course they could be old magazines
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 07:15 AM

I'm an Aries and am an almost typical one. Just the extrovert bit that I used to be is diminishing with age
I don't buy papers normally but on the rare occasion I do, I read the horoscope but only as a bit of fun.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 07:40 AM

I'm an Aries too but unless through sheer boredom I never read horoscopes --I mean how can they possibly be right for every one born under that sign...? HUMBUG I say -lol
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 10:12 AM

I've never really had any interest in star signs but due to Merz's thought provoking thread, I decided to look it up ....

People born under the sign of Pisces are gentle, patient and impressionable. They are highly generous by nature. They are friendly, compassionate, kind and sensitive towards others. They tend to be very sympathetic and tactful towards any personal sufferings they encounter. They are popular among the masses because of their traits like affection and easygoing personality. They are very submissive in nature and hence posses no threats towards stronger characters. They accept the people and situations that surround them. Rather than taking an initiative towards solving the problem they might be facing they choose to wait patiently for the problems to sort themselves. Pisces personalities are more concerned about the problems of others than their own.

I'm amazed that that is a very close description of me It's rather scary that although the horoscopes in the papers and mags are nearly always way off track, your actual star sign definition definitely shows a lot of a persons traits.

I may be a Piscean but I can't swim at all!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 03:31 PM

I am a Scorpio.....But nothing like a scorpio should be!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 03:34 PM

I'm a Cancer, I love water.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 03:47 PM

I don't believe in star signs and horoscopes sorry to those who do but I think it is all a load of rubbish along with mediums and reading tea leaves etc.

Horoscopes are generally vague enough to fit most people, some have an element of flattery which encourages those who read them to believe them to be true.

Some would say 'lighten up they are a bit of fun' but I have known people who have allowed horoscopes to influence their lives and decisions making and this caused a lot of problems.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 04:15 PM

If you read them in different papers on the same day, they are all different!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top