Join for free
Calcio2
EU ireland
Calcio2 is male  Calcio2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 12:08 PM

TV series books

Just having a clearout recently and came across several book that accompanied TV series from the 70s and 80s.namely civilisation Kenneth Clarke,life on earth David attenborough,cosmos Carl Sagan,the living isles peter Crawford.just wondering do they still do this when a TV series is made.the books are hardback and superb quality,some of the pictures in them are amazing
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 12:10 PM

Re: TV series books

Yes often they release a book with a series, I've got a few cook books from tv series.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 01:02 PM

I've also got `Cosmos` by the late Carl Sagan and `The Ascent of Man` by Prof. Bronowski. I think the TV series' are based on the books, not the other way round (at least the more serious ones are) and I feel that the series' are designed to `dumb down` or make the subjects more accessible to the general public.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:21 PM

The Pillars Of The Earth.... Ken Follett.

Watched this series some years ago always promised myself I would read the book.
Excellent so far.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 12:20 PM

They made the first book of the "Earth Children" into a film. (clan of the cave bear) there were rumors of the rest to follow but it's been years now and nothing has appeared. Pity, I'd love to see the rest done too. I wonder who would have played the hunky Jondalar...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
The Pillars Of The Earth.... Ken Follett.

Watched this series some years ago always promised myself I would read the book.
Excellent so far.
Longfellow, The Pillars of the Earth is my all-time favourite novel. I've read it twice. You'd think the subject of building a cathedral would be tedious, but the characters and storyline, together with the brilliant historical element to the book is fantastic. Strangely, I never saw the TV series.
A marvellous book.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
They made the first book of the "Earth Children" into a film. (clan of the cave bear) there were rumors of the rest to follow but it's been years now and nothing has appeared. Pity, I'd love to see the rest done too. I wonder who would have played the hunky Jondalar...
Hmm got me thinking now

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top