Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:19 AM

It seems cheating pays after all.

An Australian Tv advertising company is in talks with certain members of the disgraced cricket team, hoping to make a series of ads for the autumn.

''in bad taste. The ads created by Billabong Productions will feature a former player using masking tape around the home. They will appear during certain high profile TV programmes such as ‘I’m a Celebrity, get me out of here’. A spokesman from BPL said that an as yet unnamed cricketer will appear in different rooms of a house, producing tape from his pocket in answer to various decorating and DIY problems. The deal is thought to be worth somewhere in the region of A$2M. There is also talk of involvement from sandpaper giant Har''
Unbelievable!
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 11:53 AM

Re: It seems cheating pays after all.

Was it Oscar Wilde who said there is no such thing as bad publicity ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 12:37 PM

They need some money - all their sponsors have dropped them and they have lost their jobs in the lucrative Indian League.

A one-year ban would have enormous financial ramifications for Smith, who stands to lose roughly $4.5 million from on-field earnings alone.

As the Australian captain Smith is on the highest retainer for any cricketer in the country, with a base salary of a reported $2 million per year as he pockets $14,000 per Test match.

It is unlikely Warner will ever play for Australia again after his one year ban has ended, Smith is banned for a year and any leadership role for a further year.

Even the governing body suffers - Magellan has withdrawn its naming rights sponsorship of Cricket Australia and (b?)millions have been knocked of the value of the game as Cricket Australia is about to negotiate a new TV deal as the old one ends at the end of this season.

It was a very expensive piece of sandpaper.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:01 PM

I left it for as long as I could.....

April fool!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top