Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Re: Do You Miss The Postman Not Delivering Letters On Bank Holidays?

Letters? - you mean snail mail?
Nah I only get about 2 a year and they're always inside a Christmas card.

I do like it when the postman delivers theatre tickets and holiday bookings etc...

Sometimes we go for days without any decent post. It's all junk mail.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Although I rarely get anything except cards and junk mail through Royal Mail nowadays, checking the letter-basket is (almost) always the first thing I do when I get out of bed in the morning ..... sometimes online shopping orders are small enough to be delivered by the postman .....
Likewise , although my junk mail only consists of “flyers”.
I do forward to the posties who arrive at almost the same time on delivery days as I do quite a bit of online shopping.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg and Tara, You must receive Birthday cards and Christmas cards?
Unfortunately! I prefer e-cards, it seems such a waste to chuck them out afterwards.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:45 PM

It's not a waste Tara - If you put them in the correct bin, they are recycled.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's not a waste Tara - If you put them in the correct bin, they are recycled.
I do recycle them, but still think it is a terrible waste, when e-cards, don't have to be disposed of like that.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:52 PM

I'm the only person I know who enjoys writing letters. I can easily write four or five pages to a friend, straight off. Sadly, nobody I know enjoys writing back, they either ring me or email. I find it difficult to just chit chat on the phone, I need to see people face to face but for some reason I can write to them. So - I rarely receive letters other than bills or **** Saga, who seem to be stalking me for another cruise.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I'm the only person I know who enjoys writing letters. I can easily write four or five pages to a friend, straight off. Sadly, nobody I know enjoys writing back, they either ring me or email. I find it difficult to just chit chat on the phone, I need to see people face to face but for some reason I can write to them. So - I rarely receive letters other than bills or **** Saga, who seem to be stalking me for another cruise.
Do you write the letters, or type them? Handwritten letters are often hard to decipher, and it is possible people can't be bothered to read them, especially if they are long.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 02:05 PM

no i dont miss him coming up the drive at all 'always bills never a good letter from ernie bonds etc .. so keep your sack full till tues i say haha...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
no i dont miss him coming up the drive at all 'always bills never a good letter from ernie bonds etc .. so keep your sack full till tues i say haha...
Ernie informs me on-line most months.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 02:53 PM

We don't receive any written letters as such, mostly Birthday, Christmas and Easter cards. A few bills and occasionally, if we're lucky, a letter from Mr Ernie.

Plenty of junk mail

Oh... and I've just remembered, we had 13 letters last year from the hospital

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top