Join for free
Page 10 of 28 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I suppose a simple question might be: "is the world ready for multicultural communities all over or prefer to retain their own national identities??"
When we went to India, they appeared not to be 'multicultural'. The same could be said for Egypt and Kenya.

I'd hazard a guess that all of the 'multicultural' countries in the world tend to be Western societies.

I can't think why, though.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When we went to India, they appeared not to be 'multicultural'. The same could be said for Egypt and Kenya.

I'd hazard a guess that all of the 'multicultural' countries in the world tend to be Western societies.

I think it might be called 'cultural guilt'
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 03:30 AM

I'll hazard a guess that you're wrong - for example - Malaysia, Turkey (though the latter is going through a tricky patch at present I agree)
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I'll hazard a guess that you're wrong - for example - Malaysia, Turkey (though the latter is going through a tricky patch at present I agree)
what Malaysia and turkey are successful mulitculturals??
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
The 50s and 60s when you was young and carefree, with hardly any responsibilities ?
We still lead the world in many things till this day.

So you don't remember cars broken down beside the road on bank holiday weekends with steam billowing out of radiators, pre MOT ?
You cannot have commuted into a major town by train.......in the 60s or 70s then they sold the railways off, and they got worse.....much worse.
Dentistry is now largely privatised, a dry run to monetise the NHS, a victim of austerity.
You obviously don't remember the "No Irish No Blacks" signs, or the rise of the NF later to morph into the BNP.

Most things look a lot better from a distance, especially through rose tinted glasses.
And what you are saying can be mirrored in country after country throughout the world.

I live in the U.S. and grew up in the late 30's - 40's. It was great in many ways (WWII excepted) for those of us fortunate enough to come from white, semi-rural families. Not such a nice place for blacks or immigrants who were stuck in city ghetto areas or worse. Blacks chased down and hung for crimes that later were to be found not to be of their doing.

Yes, a wonderful time for those of us among the "right" class of people but not nice at all for others.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Why don't you come to Canada?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:35 PM

When we went to India, they appeared not to be 'multicultural'.

India cultures and religions
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
when we went to india, they appeared not to be 'multicultural'. The same could be said for egypt and kenya.

I'd hazard a guess that all of the 'multicultural' countries in the world tend to be western societies.

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Why don't you come to Canada?
Love to.
Is it difficult?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-08-2018, 11:25 PM

No just start from Heathrow airport easy ?

Page 10 of 28 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top