Join for free
Page 19 of 28 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 09:46 AM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Summer, I've long wanted to visit the Yorkshire Moors, does that mean I'm a bit odd?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Summer, I've long wanted to visit the Yorkshire Moors, does that mean I'm a bit odd?
Probably Tessa.... actually the Ilkley moors are just behind my house and just lately there have been sightings of mysterious lights and images of giant men with halos...actually im not joking...I'll look for the reports and post them later when I'm on my puter not my phone.....it's weird in Yorkshire
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
...it's weird in Yorkshire
You can say that again.....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
You can say that again.....
Almost as weird as those Aussie rancher types
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 10:27 AM

... glad you had a nice time JBR, Vienna is a romantic destination, didn't you find!

THIS from the European Commission may help you when planning your next jolly. Diktatland being, of course, the UK.

Currently, 17 EU countries have comprehensive smoke-free legislation in place. National measures tend to differ in extent and scope, with enforcement remaining an issue in some EU countries. Among these, Ireland, the UK, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Spain and Hungary have the strictest provisions with a complete ban on smoking in enclosed public places, on public transport and in workplaces.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... glad you had a nice time JBR, Vienna is a romantic destination, didn't you find!

THIS from the European Commission may help you when planning your next jolly. Diktatland being, of course, the UK.
Among these, Ireland, the UK, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Spain and Hungary have the strictest provisions with a complete ban on smoking in enclosed public places, on public transport and in workplaces.

Good!!! - Now we need to extend that to gardens and back yards and include bonfires and barbeques !!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
In that case it maked no sense to want to leave the UK to go and live there.
We will soon be out, you voted for it, the UK is also beautiful, most of it.
Move to a nice part and live your dream.
True. We live a comfortable life, but increased crime - burglaries, car theft, shoplifting, and antisocial behaviour, all happening locally - is worrying.

There are no doubt some safe and pleasant rural localities, but for how long?

I have no intention of leaving the UK, but were I young again I'd be seriously considering moving to a more civilised country because I'm afraid that I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel in this country.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

"Currently, 17 EU countries have comprehensive smoke-free legislation in place. National measures tend to differ in extent and scope, with enforcement remaining an issue in some EU countries. Among these, Ireland, the UK, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Spain and Hungary have the strictest provisions with a complete ban on smoking in enclosed public places, on public transport and in workplaces."

Exactly! Some countries ignore EU diktats.
Why can't we?

Personally, I don't smoke but smoking in pubs doesn't bother me. It's the more general disparity with regard to 'rules' that annoys me.

Like most other things that are wrong with this country, of course, it's down to our own useless politicians.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Among these, Ireland, the UK, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Spain and Hungary have the strictest provisions with a complete ban on smoking in enclosed public places, on public transport and in workplaces.

Good!!! - Now we need to extend that to gardens and back yards and include bonfires and barbeques !!!
I wish! Add any fuel burned should be smokeless. My bedroom gets full of woodsmoke and sometimes other stinky smoke ( heaven knows what people are burning in their living rooms) in the evenings, I like to have my window open so it's a choice of sleeping and suffocating or breathing smoke all night.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Says an appeasing apologist....
No.

Says a true patriotic Brit who understands and appreciates the kind of democracy developed in the UK over generations.

Page 19 of 28 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top