Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Re: Ffosse in the hot seat.

What's behind Sweetie Pie calling you Dreamy?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What's behind Sweetie Pie calling you Dreamy?
It's a reference to another forum.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 03:23 PM

Hi Richard its me again.

You say you believe in the afterlife, so do you believe in Spirits/Ghosts and have you ever seen one?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Richard its me again.

You say you believe in the afterlife, so do you believe in Spirits/Ghosts and have you ever seen one?
I do believe in them but not the more esoteric sort such as vampires etc.

When I sleep I tend to dream a lot and it's when I've been asleep I've had my most surreal, serene and spiritual experiences, leaving a feeling that can last right through the next day.

In 2016 when I was in hospital for my first bout of cancer I developed delirium. Then I saw demons, some really horrible stuff and because I was psychotic I believed it was all entirely real. That was a very frightening thing, worse than the cancer pain itself. Looking back, I can see that it was just a mental illness and not real but I hope I never go back to that place.

I believe in good spirits like angels and bad spirits such as demons but can't say I've seen them other than in dreams and when I had delirium. But I place great stock in sleep - it's where we spend a third of our lives. Last night I only got 2 hours because I'd been sleeping the previous afternoon but I simply listened to some rainfall and wind sounds as I lay there and felt rested this morning.

My new lamp has the infinity loop which features in the Tarot twice and is generally a good sign. I like the number 8 too.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:03 PM

Great answer Richard, thank you.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:09 PM

Love the new lamp, Ffosse. Do you enjoy the winter or do you hanker for long summer evenings?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 07:06 PM

Your profile says you're single.

Are you widowed or divorced?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-09-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Love the new lamp, Ffosse. Do you enjoy the winter or do you hanker for long summer evenings?
I'm glad you like the lamp; originally I was going to go for a taller model which had the LEDs as a spiral. The box, though, was too big for me to comfortably take home and it was more expensive. The smaller one I got is called the Ora and can be found in John Lewis. I needed a lamp quite badly.

I like the late Summer and Autumn the best. Winters I enjoy if the weather is clear and I'm not too cold. Spring is my least favourite season; it seems to be a bad time for me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Your profile says you're single.

Are you widowed or divorced?
I never married but had a partner for 3 years, Anne, with whom we had our daughter. It's complicated but I hardly ever see my ex-partner and increasingly less of my daughter as the years have gone by. They both live in England and I've only seen them when they've come up to Scotland.

I'm happy being single - the last real relationship I had was 4 years ago and it was messy. Honestly, I have too many problems both mental and physical to have a relationship with someone and I've never been one much for one-night-stands.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 08:14 PM

Hi Ffosse,

Love that lamp, you have good taste lad.

You are obviously a bright man as I have noticed you have a degree in Hispanic Studies. Did you enjoy studying it and can you speak Spanish, if so are you fluent?

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top