Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 12:53 PM

Restlessness

I'm having a day of it
I haven't eaten yet because I can't decide what to have and don't fancy any thing
I've been practical and started on my marking but I can't concentrate on it
I'm coming in and out of here but my mind is wandering
I know I should go for a long walk or a swim to burn up some energy but I can't decide which one to do
And I don"t know if I should ask a friend or friends along if I'm in such a mopey mood...!

Do you get days like this?
What is your "snap out of it" cure?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:09 PM

Re: Restlessness

Yes I sometimes have a day like that Rhian, in fact yesterday wasn't good.

I like to think I am mostly quite a cheery soul, but sometimes we seem to have a day when we aimlessly carry on but achieve bugger all.

I am no help with an answer I'm afraid, else I'd sort myself out better.
Just try and find something you usually enjoy, then after a good night's sleep I'm usually ok again.

Try not to worry, it'll pass.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:16 PM

I used to get restless days when I wanted something exciting to do or to happen.
Now I get days when I feel very weary instead, I think it is connected to my medication. Today I would just like to sleep but know I must keep busy and not give in to it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Mups you could well be right about the sleep thing actually
I was on a bit of a high last night after the party n stuff and I didn't sleep particularly well.

I'm going to be sensible and make myself a decent meal too
See if that helps..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:19 PM

I get restless on days like today when I've hardly slept the night before. Do I give in and try and have a sleep this afternoon or wait until 8pm (the earliest I would go to bed).
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-09-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I used to get restless days when I wanted something exciting to do or to happen.
Now I get days when I feel very weary instead, I think it is connected to my medication. Today I would just like to sleep but know I must keep busy and not give in to it.
Meg
What's on the agenda today then,,?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:27 PM

My neighbour has a set routine on Sundays where her daughter and fiancee visit and she cooks them a big roast then they spend a couple of hours chatting before they leave.

But she has confided to me that she is sick of this and wants to put an end to it, as diplomatically as possible. She often sleeps poorly on Saturday nights dreading the next day. She just needs to muster the courage to address this problem, at least that's what I told her, but she is quite a reserved person.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm having a day of it
I haven't eaten yet because I can't decide what to have and don't fancy any thing
I've been practical and started on my marking but I can't concentrate on it
I'm coming in and out of here but my mind is wandering
I know I should go for a long walk or a swim to burn up some energy but I can't decide which one to do
And I don"t know if I should ask a friend or friends along if I'm in such a mopey mood...!

Do you get days like this?
What is your "snap out of it" cure?
Come back to OFF more frequently. I don't seem to have seen you for some time.

That's the answer: you're missing us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree, although in my case it's due to Anno Domini.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Come back to OFF more frequently. I don't seem to have seen you for some time.

That's the answer: you're missing us.
Ive been finding if really difficult to find time in the week, now I'm back at work JBR.
And that, coupled with a few busy weekends has made me feel forum displaced!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top