Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Do you have a record...?

... a criminal one?

I do but have been out of trouble for 20 years now. Mostly it was crimes related to my alcoholism at the time: shoplifting, breaking and entering and general breaches of the peace.

This was enough to get me a 6 month sentence of which I served 3.

I don't miss those days; it was so much hassle going to court, paying fines, being remanded, placed on probation etc. I think I was quite an angry person in my 20s and early 30s.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:37 PM

Re: Do you have a record...?

No, I have never been in trouble with the law.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:39 PM

I would be mortified if I did anything like that again. It's like I was a different person in those days.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 01:40 PM

No Dreamy I have never had a criminal record.
I am glad you have calmed down these days.
I do love your stories though, sorry, but they do make me laugh. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Here's another true story though it's not very funny.

My Chinese neighbours in my stair have this habit of taking my mail into their house. I got quite cross when I found out that they had opened one which was a hospital appointment.

Their excuse is that the mother of one of them doesn't speak any English. I asked them if my name was in Chinese on the letter and if that was why they opened it. I don't think they got my sarcasm. It really annoys me.

Sometimes they will leave my post on my doorstep (I think the husband knows that they are clearly my letters).

One time they took in an Amazon parcel and signed for it. I had to knock on their door as my computer was showing me that it had been signed for. Again I asked them which part of the name on the parcel was in Chinese?

Apart from that they are good neighbours and are very quiet despite having both a baby and a toddler.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Here's another true story though it's not very funny.

My Chinese neighbours in my stair have this habit of taking my mail into their house. I got quite cross when I found out that they had opened one which was a hospital appointment.

Their excuse is that the mother of one of them doesn't speak any English. I asked them if my name was in Chinese on the letter and if that was why they opened it. I don't think they got my sarcasm. It really annoys me.

Sometimes they will leave my post on my doorstep (I think the husband knows that they are clearly my letters).

One time they took in an Amazon parcel and signed for it. I had to knock on their door as my computer was showing me that it had been signed for. Again I asked them which part of the name on the parcel was in Chinese?

Apart from that they are good neighbours and are very quiet despite having both a baby and a toddler.
I thought it was illegal to take someone's mail???
It is in the States.
Most people understand that it's illegal to open mail that's not addressed to you. ... Intentionally opening, intercepting or hiding someone else's mail is the felony crime of mail theft which comes with some heavyweight penalties, including five years' incarceration in a federal prison.15 Mar 2018
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:00 PM

I have des o Conner singing dic a dum dum. Does that count as a criminal record
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-09-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I thought it was illegal to take someone's mail???
It is in the States.
Most people understand that it's illegal to open mail that's not addressed to you. ... Intentionally opening, intercepting or hiding someone else's mail is the felony crime of mail theft which comes with some heavyweight penalties, including five years' incarceration in a federal prison.15 Mar 2018
I get most of my mail, it was the opened letter and the Amazon parcel (it was my mouse deterrents) which really annoyed me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-09-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I get most of my mail, it was the opened letter and the Amazon parcel (it was my mouse deterrents) which really annoyed me.
Naughty doing that. Still, at least you got them back.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-09-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have des o Conner singing dic a dum dum. Does that count as a criminal record
Quite possible. Do you have any Barry Manilow? You should get probation just for that.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top