Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 10:03 PM

Re: Is Eugenie's wedding a big deal?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I wouldn't want to watch the whole ceremony but I would like to see a few highlights.

I like to see what the bride looks like and all the different outfits of the guests - I wonder what the mother of the bride will look like? She should be sylph like if nothing else - isn't she ambassador for slimming world or something?
I suspect she will look like one of those knitted covers that go over toilet rolls..
In pink...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
Is it true the public is picking up the tab for 2 million toward security for the wedding?

Is Eugenie a "favorite"?
Um, who i she?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I suspect she will look like one of those knitted covers that go over toilet rolls..
In pink...
But fatter.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 10:38 PM

Everyone loves Harry and Wills. The children of Diana are special. But I think lesser royals should have private ceremonies. I'm sure they would love to have a private ceremony too so not sure why such a public fuss is being made.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:35 PM

I can only reiterate what many have already said about this particular set of spongers and parasites. Air-miles Andy and his awful progeny can afford to pay for everything themselves and shouldn't expect to milk us, the tax-paying public for any more.

Wonder if a petition could be set up to complain about it?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Is it yougov.co.uk that is taken seriously by our glorious rulers if the number of replies hits a certain number?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:48 PM

I can only reiterate what many have already said about this particular set of spongers and parasites. Air-miles Andy and his awful progeny can afford to pay for everything themselves and shouldn't expect to milk us, the tax-paying public for any more.

A story that went the rounds some time back was that airmiles and his ginger wife had told their children to pay for everything by cheque no matter how small the amount
The reason being that some suppliers would not cash them but keep them as souvenirs..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:56 PM

Here we are, thought they might be one somewhere.

https://www.republic.org.uk/petition...edding-eugenie
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

01-10-2018, 12:00 AM

A tad late, it’s tomorrow innit?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:05 AM

Here we are, thought they might be one somewhere.

https://www.republic.org.uk/petition...edding-eugenie
Knew there would be one somewhere

Regardless of where one stands in relation to having a monarchical or republican state, there is a benefit in having perceived "country wide" celebrations at times. These will cost money.

However, I agree that in the case of this wedding, it is neither desirable nor necessary for the event to be publicly funded as it does not serve a national purpose.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top