Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:07 AM

Re: Is Eugenie's wedding a big deal?

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
A tad late, it’s tomorrow innit?
A quick Google informs me that it's on the 12th October. Looks like the groom hasn't done a decent day's work in his life either so they're ideally matched.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Here we are, thought they might be one somewhere.

https://www.republic.org.uk/petition...edding-eugenie
Thanks .....

17,947 - better late than never .....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
Is it true the public is picking up the tab for 2 million toward security for the wedding?

Is Eugenie a "favorite"?
And there’s your answer Candy Crunch.
A two million dollar wedding paid for by the public
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
https://www.republic.org.uk/petition...edding-eugenie

Prince William and Kate's wedding is estimated to have cost taxpayers over £24 million and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding in May is estimated to have cost taxpayers over £35 million.

Early estimates suggest Eugenie's wedding will cost over £2 million in security costs alone.

Eugenie has chosen to wed in the same venue, to invite same number of guests and follow the same procession around Windsor that Harry and Meghan did in May. We’re told this wedding will be cheaper than the last one, but it’s shaping up to look more like a £35 million extravaganza than a wedding fit for a minor royal.

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Theoretically, all weddings are paid for (in part) by the public in terms of the expected need of police involvement if something goes awry. Admittedly, this would be a once in a blue moon occurrence.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody we know has ever asked the police to be present, nor has anyone taken out an insurance policy to pay for the extreeeeeeeeeemly negligible cover required to pay for security for any public disturbance which might occur during the gathering of a couple of hundred people or so gathering at such an occasion.

As such, there is, IMHO, no need for any additional expenditure for what is, in effect, a private wedding.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Eugenie has chosen to ... follow the same procession around Windsor that Harry and Meghan did in May.
If absolutely necessary, I'd happily contribute towards the cost of an Uber cab to take them on this route. Nobody will be watching anyway.

Her view of her importance beggars belief.

At least in Harry's case, one could argue that he and his bride had maintained a degree of public interest prior to their wedding to possibly "justify" a celebrity occasion.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:07 AM

Hi guys.... I wasn’t complaining. I don’t really care about the weddings and how much they cost or who will pay for them.
Candy Crunch is a good friend of mine
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 07:04 AM

If it's true that the taxpayer are picking up security costs it's outrageous .
These are a couple of rich nobodies they don't need security costs let mega millionaire air miles Andy hire a few heavies if he's that worried .

It's disgraceful -I do feel strongly about this that the tax payer has to pay anything for ANY of the queens grandchildrens weddings .

These are children of one of the richest famillies in the world .
All are multimillionaires staggering properties portfolios and yet the cash strapped tax payer has to fork out for the security of their weddings ?

People on eating out of food banks have no homes and the children of ordinary TAXPAYERS are saddled with student debt and the ever receding prospect of ever getting a home of their own .

The police don't have 'resources ' to come out after a burglary yet can find resources to make sure ...what exactly?

That nothing happens to two super indulged rich kids favoured only by a lottery of birth ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I suspect she will look like one of those knitted covers that go over toilet rolls..
In pink...
No I don't think she'd dare.

That would be a disgrace for her and for slimming World.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:30 AM

I'm angry that we are paying for this nonsense , I've just signed the petition not that it will do any good but there are many who feel the same way .

I'd rather see the money go into the NHS pot or our emergency services

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top